Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 1 Peter 3:13-17

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
And who will harm you if you are passionate for what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear or be disturbed, but set apart the Messiah as Lord in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you. However, do this with gentleness and respect, keeping your conscience clear, so that when you are accused, those who denounce your Christian life will be put to shame. For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil.
1 Peter 3:13-17, HCSB

When I read these verses, my thoughts gravitate toward whether or not my words and actions online reflect Christ and whether or not I would be prepared to give an answer to anyone who asks, "Why do you believe what you believe?" My lack of confidence points to a lack of preparation on my part and encourages me to meditate on the Word and prepare an answer should I ever be asked that question.

As Christian gamers, we encounter open hostility toward our faith. Many of us, myself included, are prepared to face and even expecting such hostility when we publicly state we are Christians. But are we prepared to answer anyone who asks why we are Christians?

Every Christian should turn to the Word and their own testimony to prepare an answer to Peter's challenge ahead of time. As Christian gamers, I sincerely hope we conduct ourselves in such a manner as to stand out in communities often (though sometimes unfairly) characterized by rudeness, misogyny, profanity, and other unsavory elements. When people take notice of the change Christ has made in our lives, we need to be prepared to explain that change in a way those not yet familiar with Christ can understand.

...ahead of time...what a concept...wish I did that more often. Thanks for this passage.

Back