Votes: 20 100.0%
  • One day a week, ban all rifles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban the awp for good

• dumb suggestion - keep it the way it is

• Total voters
tasty can i not call my self Nub nooby noobish and so forth for your entertianment this way i am not making fun of anyone else and we all have a good laugh, i agree although i was part of the spam and "hostility", mine was in joke. IF at anytime i say or do something that upsets you let me know so i do not do it again ( xcept when i awp :p ) if it takes an IM on aim or a Pm on the board i get em all nice and fast and i will try to correct my behavior

well, i understand when ppl call themselves n00bs just for fun...that's not hostile at all, and I understand that when that happens its in fun...it's just the other stuff that bothers me

Thanx for the support guys...

After writing all that stuff on how CS works i never actualyl gave my opinion..

Personally i think the awp is too powerful. It should be like the railgun in q3. A direct rail took like 85% health off you and you had to have the skill to switch a weapon and take them down with it before they fired back.. Learning the rail/shottie kill was a hard thing..

I think a similar thing should be applied in CS... The awp while still being as dominant weapon shouldnt have the capability to n00b someone with a chest shot in one hit.

Thats what i think anyway.. Then people would have to learn to use skill and use the awp how its sposed to be.. Taking a shot then switching to pistol or nades to finish off and get cover.

Its called a scout, rizz. (AKA anti-newb-awp.)

The only real use I can see for an awp is to teach newbies/rooks how to play/aim.

After that, it is too powerful.

Edit: Forgot to mention- I'm glad your not teh nubby rizz
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ May 04 2003,6:56)]Personally i think the awp is too powerful. It should be like the railgun in q3. A direct rail took like 85% health off you and you had to have the skill to switch a weapon and take them down with it before they fired back.. Learning the rail/shottie kill was a hard thing..
i more prefer the rocket into the air/rail on the way down method in quake 3. im not very good at it, but i try.

we should play quake sometime. the only other member ive played with on here is tek, and we dont get to play very often. catch me sometime on instant messenger and lets get a game going.

God told me to give up q3... I was semi-pro and i was one of the best trickjumpers in the UK... but that was because i was playing it for about 14 hours a day when i should have been studying for my degree..

As it was God helped me scrape through my degree and made sure i would never get addicted to games again..lol

I still miss it though.

Ack!... I didn't mean to start all this bickering. Sorry. I simply wanted to suggest an idea. It seems that many people are of differing opinions when it comes to the awp... and I do agree that the awp use gets a tad overused sometimes. My thoughts were to simply give those people who don't want to play with the awp (or even the colt/ak) a day to enjoy the server... having people running around with shotties and mp5s is sometimes a lot more fun than getting owned every round by an awper (or an experienced player with an ak/colt)...

Im not trying to change the way the game was meant to be played... please don't think that im complaining about the way the server is run either. I enjoy playing on the ToJ server, and that is the reason i suggested this... I believe that if we were to tone down the usage of the powerful weapons, we could all concentrate a lot more on Fellowship, than on stats...

well, God Bless

-godspeed

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I believe that if we were to tone down the usage of the powerful weapons, we could all concentrate a lot more on Fellowship, than on stats...

rgr that.. thats one of the main reasons statsme was removed ages ago... people were playing a one-man effort to improve their rank and the team game was dying.. you can still tell the people that do that.. *points no fingers*.. but i dont think the removal of the awp will change the way people play. They will just camp with a different weapon. I find that you can pwn just as much with a good spot and an m4 as you can with an awp.

Yeah I just read all the posts up to here, we shouldn't argue so much over such small things as what weapons we should use on this server. I mean we argue to much amongst ourselves when we need to be fighting Satan and his demons.

As far as what I think on the whole thing...I think its best left unsaid to lessen a chance of more conflict.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ToJ | Dead_Aim @ May 06 2003,8:42)]...I think its best left unsaid to lessen a chance of more conflict.
Well, if there's really an issue about the use (or overuse) of the AWP, then yes, I still think it should be addressed.

We might not be able to come to a agreement (as different people will always have their own opinions), but if we at least can come up with a compromising solution, I'd say our goal for this thread would be achieved.

Jesus praised the peacemakers, not "peacekeepers": we should definitely address concerns, and try to find a solution, instead of burying it and pretend they don't exist. If conflict is necessary to bring a solution, I'm all for it, understanding that there are proper ways to resolve a conflict of opinions (bickering not being one of them).

My own suggestion: keep it the way it is, because restricting certain weapons on different days in a pub server is way too complicated to implement. Admins can always vote for the banning of certain weapons, so if you're unhappy, make sure you voice your concern (in a proper manner).

Maybe our chapter leader could modify the time interval between "vsay"s, so polls can be taken more often for the public opinion? (just a suggestion)

Just as a reminder: try to keep your discussion on this forum. I would imagine being really a pain in the neck to have this whole argument during gameplay...

well said Sun...

And you may be right, implementing weapon banning depending on the day of the week, may be a little difficult to do. Instead, maybe we can leave the banning of the awp (or other weapons) in the hands of the players - by installing the plugin that allows players to call for a weapon vote (ie, vote_awp). This way, if there are no admins on (or even if there are), someone can call a vote to ban a weapon and the players themselves can decide if a weapon is being overly used.

Of course, you would probably want to set the time between votes pretty high, so that you dont have people doing a vote_awp every 3 minutes
rock.gif

Or, if the admins do not wish the power to call a vote reside in the hands of the players, let it be an admin only power... I believe that there is a good admin presence on the server, so this may be the best course of action.

anyway, these are just my suggestions based on personal experience and what I've occasionally heard from players.

Keep us the good work guys! God Bless

-godspeed

Why cant we leave the server the way it is i mean guys Elite and everyone running it does a GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!! we should be happy with what we have, and if its a serious issue then bring it here, i have done my fair share of ramblings but i am trying to cut down on it. Also just ask the admin to call a vote or if its a certian player then maybe they will put down the gun to make it more fun for everyone else if asked, by you or the admin, i know frost does when asked.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SirLagalott @ May 02 2003,4:28)]I agree with Shark: It IS a newb rifle.

Once you get to a certain skill level, AWP is nearly impossible to beat unless your way past their skill.

And a lot of times, its not just 1 awp that makes me mad. Its the fact that usually there will be 5 out of 7 people on the other team with an awp. If they could restrict it to just one person per round with an AWP or something, I'd be perfectly fine. But since they can't I would suggest banning it all together or making it a iceworld 24/7 server.
biggrin.gif

Besides Goose: why do you use the awp? Most likely because your losing and need a cheap way to start winning or need to ensure you will win such in league games. Honestly those are the only times I see good people use it. And all the 'newbs' who use it always need a cheap way to win, so I guess it can be applied to anyone.

And to anyone who says awp is hard: Its only hard to get headshots. Yah, with colt/smg/whatever you get multiple shots, but each shot does much less unless you aim for heads, which takes a lot more skill. With an awp you just aim for the body, which is A LOT easier to hit than the head with a colt, even with auto.

Yah, so basically AWP IS a newb gun, and its not because I can't handle it, its because its overly done on ToJ.
wow this whole post makes me laugh.

I'm not here to stir the pot, just to dispel a few rumors.

#1 there isn't a true n00b on the planet who can use the awp, so quit calling it a n00b gun. If you want to call it a 1337 gun, fine, but quit trying to take your cheap shots at those who are very good with it by saying something that clearly isn't true.

#2 awpers can be beat. Yes even really good awpers die. Yes you have to use tactics and not the 'rush right at them' method but once you actually try it you might be surprised.

#3 Why is the awp a cheap way to win? If you win the first round of any map do you buy a pistol the next round? Isn't buying a rifle cheap when the other team only has enough cash for pistols? This is an utterly hypocritical statement. You buy what you can afford, some maps, some rounds you are at a disadvantage. BIG DEAL. Stop whining and use your brain to kill the awpers.

#4 if you say awp is easy, you've never used the gun. AGAIN, n00bs don't use it because they can't. AK is a n00b gun if you really wanna get down too it because full auto HS happen regularly.

#5 AWP is *not* even close to being overrly done on ToJ. Most of the other servers I used to play on thats the only gun the vast majority did buy. They would save for 3-4 rounds just to be able to get an awp. ToJ is nowhere near that... Yes there may be a random round or two where 5 awps show up, but big deal. I love to kill apwers
smile.gif

Guys we could all find things to complain about, this is a non issue so lets just play the game the way it was meant to be played. Use teamwork and tactics to accomplish your objective, and most of all, have fun.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SirLagalott @ May 02 2003,5:28)]Besides Goose: why do you use the awp? Most likely because your losing and need a cheap way to start winning or need to ensure you will win such in league games. Honestly those are the only times I see good people use it. And all the 'newbs' who use it always need a cheap way to win, so I guess it can be applied to anyone.
No, I don't use the awp b/c I want to start winning ... I'll pwn you with a mac10 if I want to ... that's not the point. The point is, it's a difficult gun to master. Yes, usually one shot does kill ... but the important part is ... you ONLY have one shot for like 4 seconds! The only 'newbs' out there are the people who complain about the awp ... and like my first post in this thread, the reason why they complain about it is b/c 1, they don't know how to use it; 2, they don't know how to beat a person with it. Just b/c I use the awp more often than most people doesn't give you the right to call me a 'newb', challenge me and we'll settle this 'newb' accusation
biggrin.gif
scoutzorz???

OK, I think the original purpose of the post has been lost...

I did not intend for this thread to be a discussion about the "l33t"-ness or "n00b"-ness of the AWP, rather, I wanted to seek out your opinion on setting a period of time (a map, a day, an hour, etc...) aside on the server where only the less powerful weapons are allowed. With the talent on this server, it is easy for players to obtain great K:D ratios with the AWP, Colt, or AK. Have any of you played on a server where everyone was using only pistols; or smgs? I don't know about you, but i find those games to be a lot of fun, now and then. I'm not saying "BAN the AWP!"... I'm simply giving my own suggestion on ways to change things up a bit every once and awhile...

And that is all I'm saying...I am NOT dissatisfied with the way the server is run. The admins here do an EXCELLENT job of providing a clean playing environment in which to fellowship with other Christians and witness to non-Christians.

DISCLAIMER: This is only my humble opinion!

-godspeed

have you ever playeda against say goose or frost when they were using pistols only? its the same thing good = good doesnt matter what the weapons are

i been using the awp ALOT recently just so i can get good with it why banned it when some us of need practice with it cuz we are n00bs with it trying to become 1337. ijust say we ask the ppl that are really good with it to put it down if it is making the teams totally unfair ( ie Frost+Goose same team with AWPS)

Back