Straturday

Haven't seen my Starcraft discs yet, but I'll keep looking
If you still have your CD key, you can register a Battle.net account, plug in your StarCraft CD key, and download the game client.

I have:

Red Alert 2 (no expansion)
Generals (no expansion)
Battle for Middle Earth
Battle for Middle Earth 2 and Rise of the Witch-King expansion
Star Wars: Empire at War and Forces of Corruption expansion

One of these Saturdays I would probably be interested in getting a game going.

Well, the Starcraft discs appear to have been a casualty of my last move or something; they are nowhere to be found and I haven't the faintest clue as to what my cd keys were. So, I guess I'll be playing the other rts games...I've always been more of a C & C fan anyway.

I've been unavailable the past 2 Saturdays but I'd love to start joining. I'm always, always up for a game of DoW: Dark Crusade, here's my full list of RTS games that I can remember.

Dawn of War
Dawn of War: Winter Assault
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Dawn of War: Soulstorm
Dawn of War 2 (I plan to get Chaos Rising soon)
StarCraft
StarCraft: Brood War
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II: The Conquers
Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun
Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars
Red Alert 2
Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge
Command and Conquer Generals
Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour
Age of Mythology
Age of Mythology: The Titans
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Wars
Rise of Nations
Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots
WarCraft 3
WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Defcon
Company of Heroes
Sins of a Solar Empire

I have
Red Alert 2 (I can reinstall the original RA if so desired), no expac
The entire Dawn of War series (I can't play DoW II online due to internet filtering issues)
StarCraft (it's currently downloading now, should be done in an hour or so)
Company of Heroes and the expansions (I've played all of five minutes of it, so go easy on me. XD)
I also just recently got League of Legends. I generally don't have any idea what I'm doing but it's fairly fun anyway.

I plan to be available today and the remaining Saturdays.

So far, the few members participating in the event use various methods of communication (i.e. Steam, instant message, text messages), but there's no central or "official" method of arranging games--and it may work out best that way.
We're rockin' the Tribe of Judah Steam Community Group chat room today and I've just created a channel for Straturday on the new CGA TeamSpeak 3 server.

To join the TS3 channel, you'll need to download the TS3 client, add a new server (cgalliance.org, default port), plug in a nickname, and connect.

This week's Straturday saw an increase from last week. Thanks to everyone who showed up!

I played StarCraft II beta, League of Legends, and StarCraft. Five ToJ members played LoL together and 3 of us stomped comps in SC1. Good times all around.

after the complications my SC had today, I went ahead and installed it on Virtual PC. Now it works wonderfully...

Currently I have:

Empire Total War
Red Alert 3
League of Legends
Star Craft

Games I am picking up this afternoon:
Dawn of War II gold edition
C&C 4 (Maybe can't decide) :)

It's that time again!

I'm about to eat a tasty lunch, but I'll start sending invites to the Tribe of Judah Steam Community Group chat room here in a few.

EDIT: Chat room is live and we'll be coordinating games shortly.

Last edited:
I plan on playing the StarCraft II beta today, but I need to mow the lawn, so I'll be on some time after 1 p.m. Central (probably closer to 2 or 3).

The StarCraft II beta ends Monday, July 19. That means this is the last Straturday to play the StarCraft II beta.

Straturday officially starts at 1 p.m. Central, but players can start games whenever they would like. Straturday lasts all day long, but generally winds down after 10 p.m. Central.

Still waiting for my computer to arrive up here. It may be a couple weeks before I can play anything aside from EVE due to issues getting a fire lit under family members to send the thing... (they're 'too busy' atm, and I'm too far away for effective pressuring - after all, the stuff still not sent up isn't considered 'necessary')

...yes I'm slightly miffed.

Anyone have a SC2 key I could have...been trying to get into the beta, but no invite yet, and I would really like to try it out before release...

Anyone have a SC2 key I could have...been trying to get into the beta, but no invite yet, and I would really like to try it out before release...
I'd recommend contacting Corpfox to see if he'd be willing to let you borrow his account. He's said before that he doesn't plan to play SC2 again until retail release.

I'd recommend contacting Corpfox to see if he'd be willing to let you borrow his account. He's said before that he doesn't plan to play SC2 again until retail release.

Keero was awesome enough to let me use his account :D Woot! Won't get time to play until Sunday evening...but now I will probably be up all night :)

Keero was awesome enough to let me use his account :D Woot! Won't get time to play until Sunday evening...but now I will probably be up all night :)

If you need some general help with the races I'd be happy to meet you online and get you up to speed on the new mechanics.

If you need some general help with the races I'd be happy to meet you online and get you up to speed on the new mechanics.

That would be awesome...but I must say...even after being prodded for over 10 years to play the first game...I never have :p

That would be awesome...but I must say...even after being prodded for over 10 years to play the first game...I never have :p
/gasp!

Maybe some retail store will sell the StarCraft Battle Chest (SC + Brood War + guides) to help promote the release of SC2. Or just include the game for free (SC2 IS $60 and SC1 is 12 years old, after all).

Back