Steam Summer Sale Wrap-up

Japesland

Can't say I'm much of a PC gamer (Mainly play Japanese-developed games, which generally means PS3 games, and have used primarily Macs for years), however I recently built my own PC, and thus have given PC gaming a bit of a go. Coincided nicely with Steam's Summer Sale.

Anyway, this brings me to the point of the thread. What were YOUR spoils from Steam's sales?

I personally picked up:
-Indie Bundle V (Because of Ys)
-Star Wars: KOTOR (Actually own a PC copy from years ago when it came out, wanted a Steam copy)
-Dear Esther
-Carpe Fulger Bundle

Only bought three this go around, even though was contemplating more, but saving for a new MacBook Pro, and didn't want to spend it all.. lol..

CitysXL 2012 (not sure it was worth it now.. lol)
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (for the kids. :) )
The Walking Dead (Loved TellTales Back to the Future. Like the cinematic gameplay. Watch the series, so its cool to see how they are integrating the characters)

I picked up Super Street Fighter IV AE , Bastion , and Y's the Oath in Felghana.

Japesland, I heard the bosses in the Ys games are brutal. Are they really that difficult?

I picked up Super Street Fighter IV AE , Bastion , and Y's the Oath in Felghana.

Japesland, I heard the bosses in the Ys games are brutal. Are they really that difficult?

I haven't actually played any Ys games yet, lol. However, as a veteran of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Chantelise, they can't be THAT bad.

I picked up:
  1. Trine 2 ($3.74)
  2. Dear Esther ($2.49)
  3. Swords & Soldiers + DLC ($2.74)
  4. Stacking ($3.74)
Total damage: $12.71 for 4 games.

Using super Gerbil willpower I once again bought absolutely nothing because that's how I roll (or troll as it were). :p

Wait we have a new Toj member named "Floyd The Barber"? Why is this man not the president of awesome?!

Welcome to Toj Floyd hope you like forum spam :D .

Last edited:
For $4.37 I picked up 6 DLC packs for Dungeon Defenders
I then spent $2.49 for Toy Soldiers. A game I thought looked really good but was disappointed with.
I traded keys for a copy of ARMA II GO.
I spent $10.19 for Dead Island.
And finally, I received a gifted copy of L4D2.

I spent under $20 and got pretty much every game I wanted.

I totally forgot about all the DunDef DLC...but I probably wouldn't have bought any anyway since I haven't spent that much time playing DunDef so far anyway.

EDIT: I've made it abundantly clear how much I loathe Games for Windows Live in previous posts, but I really like Super Street Fighter IV (though I'm completely indifferent toward the AE DLC), I own a PS3 FightStick which works wonderfully on Windows 7, I'm hoping to build a new-to-me PC if/when ASUS ever manages to get me a working mainboard, and I'd love to play fighting games with other ToJ members. If I'm able to get the parts for this PC I'm working on and get it running and IF SSFIVAE PC goes on sale for $10 again and IF ToJ members are interested in playing some friendly matches, I'll strongly consider buying SSFIVAE PC in the future.

Last edited:
Anytime someone wants to play SSFIVAE on the pc I'll play some matches. I just picked up the game along with a fightstick and I have to say I'm absolutley terrible. I haven't used a fightstick in about 15 years. I also play MK9 on the PS3 if someone wants to play that.

Anytime someone wants to play SSFIVAE on the pc I'll play some matches. I just picked up the game along with a fightstick and I have to say I'm absolutley terrible. I haven't used a fightstick in about 15 years. I also play MK9 on the PS3 if someone wants to play that.
If you're terrible, I'll gladly play you. Before I started working full-time back in December, I would play SSFIVAE against some local dudes and usually get steamrolled. (Was still tons of fun, though.)

Don't suppose you have the PS3 version of SSFIV?

I picked up:
ARMA 2
ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead
Crusader Kings II
Dear Esther
Frozen Synapse
Mirror's Edge
LIMBO
Stacking
Psychonauts
Costume Quest

I picked up:
ARMA 2
ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

I considered getting that for the DayZ mod you mentioned to me. After looking at a several "let's play videos" my conclusion was they need to add more things to do. My suggestion is gather things to "escape". For example using mostly content they already have a map, compass, radio, and a helicopter to achieve an "escape". You'd need it all to activate, find and get to the extraction point so it would not be easy. Then the escape could be rewarded with a rank up (possibly displaying on your character model to show how leet you are) and then you'd respawn with all of it gone. At which point your could do it again and get a another rank up or just muck about like people have been doing already since "escape" would not interfere. Yes I know they would need something to prevent passing most of your gear to a buddy before losing it but there are ways it could be done.

If they add something to do other than "live" it's a possibility I'd be interested.

Last edited:
Back