Starcraft 2?!?!?!

tjguitarz

Could it be?

Blizzard To Unveil StarCraft 2 At BlizzCon?

Blizzard recently announced that BlizzCon 2007 has been scheduled this August, on 3 and 4 of the month. Now everyone is wondering which franchise will be the star of this year's edition. StarCraft, perhaps?

The official announcement offers little info, but given the event's history, Blizzard is sure to come up with something interesting. The company used the 2005 event to announce World of Warcraft expansion The Burning Crusade. In 2006, Blizzard promised to make a major product announcement at the next BlizzCon edition.

According to recent rumors, the new star in Blizzard development line would be StarCraft 2:

“Blizzard will be releasing starcraft2, continuing story and background from the original and adding "kerrigan" race making total of 4. Each race will get around 2 new additional units, removable of unit limit (200/200), along with these info there is also news of beta version coming out end of the year.”

Such plans would make sense, as Blizzard has been neglecting this franchise for some time. On the other hand, don't act surprised if the announcement will have “Diablo 3” as a headline. Rumors about a third installment in the series have been flying around the Web for the last couple of years. I guess time will tell.

We can only hope for SC2 :D. That would be awesome!
I really hope it's not a diablo sequel :( - starcraft deserves a sequel (shame that Starcraft:Ghost seems to have failed now it's on indefinite hold).

adding "kerrigan" race making total of 4.

The Starcraft storyline did not mention a "kerrigan" race, only the Hybrids from the secret mission in Brood War. And Duran was in-charge of that race.

I wonder if it is going to stack up with C&C 3 or if it becomes a RPG game, WoW.

Still, it would be interesting to see how far the characters have changed since Brood War.

I declare this......Year of the RTS!

Supreme Commander
Command & Conquer 3
StarCraft 2 rumor

RPG's? Anybody?

C&C 3 is quite fun but not over the top, in reality, C&C 3 has taken (or stolen) alot of ideas from SC/BW .... SC2 would probably get me back into gaming full time for a long time or until i burned out ;)

C&C 3 is quite fun but not over the top, in reality, C&C 3 has taken (or stolen) alot of ideas from SC/BW .... SC2 would probably get me back into gaming full time for a long time or until i burned out ;)

I have to ask why you think this? C&C was released 3 years before SC was. So if anything I would say its the other way around

C&C release date: August 31,1995
SC release date: April 1, 1998

I have to ask why you think this? C&C was released 3 years before SC was. So if anything I would say its the other way around

C&C release date: August 31,1995
SC release date: April 1, 1998

read my comments closer and more carefully ;)

Blizzard To Unveil StarCraft 2 At BlizzCon?

Blizzard recently announced that BlizzCon 2007 has been scheduled this August, on 3 and 4 of the month. Now everyone is wondering which franchise will be the star of this year's edition. StarCraft, perhaps?

The official announcement offers little info, but given the event's history, Blizzard is sure to come up with something interesting. The company used the 2005 event to announce World of Warcraft expansion The Burning Crusade. In 2006, Blizzard promised to make a major product announcement at the next BlizzCon edition.

According to recent rumors, the new star in Blizzard development line would be StarCraft 2:

“Blizzard will be releasing starcraft2, continuing story and background from the original and adding "kerrigan" race making total of 4. Each race will get around 2 new additional units, removable of unit limit (200/200), along with these info there is also news of beta version coming out end of the year.”

Such plans would make sense, as Blizzard has been neglecting this franchise for some time. On the other hand, don't act surprised if the announcement will have “Diablo 3” as a headline. Rumors about a third installment in the series have been flying around the Web for the last couple of years. I guess time will tell.
Eh? Where did you read this? The text I marked in bold above seems like something straight out of a blog rather than a reputable game news source.

tj: Can you post a link to the news article you quoted?

By the bye, Starcraft Legacy has news about the BlizzCon as well.

Last edited:
HJAEatehATEHJa4ethufbjgrt'eaHK:TEAFDBGILESFDgjeaRTBghreaoigLDShvbgurevj.cxvbds
aERgha;ejdfil;brhealiealhhilahaio;eeRHI;HH'OISTHSIO;HFDIBHFOCIBND. RGIHO8EURHBG AEHBFUOX HREHODGRO;EAGHUA;ERGUHFUO;DVHA;EUORGTY8AY;WS UKDS GWIOG W
GAER'8OG AE
AERG
AERG
EARG AREO'IGERUG; YEARO TYR8EUDFRO;EAG HAREO;GFHD;G HARGEARE G

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!

As much as I'd love to see Starcraft 2 announced, I have three concerns:
  1. The source for this so-called "news" isn't named. Anonymous sources are usually unreliable sources. (There are, of course, exceptions. "Deep Throat" and Watergate comes to mind.)
  2. Even if Blizzard does announce Starcraft 2 is in development, it will likely be four to six years until we see the game hit the shelves.
  3. Even when (not "if;" they'd be fools not to cash in on the most anticipated strategy game ever) Blizzard does begin development on Starcraft 2, most of the employees who developed Starcraft have already left to work for other companies. It would be more or less a whole new team developing SC2.
Again, I'll jump for joy when Blizzard announces Starcraft 2, but I recognize that it will be several years before it hits shelves and, even then, there's no way it could possibly live up to the hopes and dreams of strategy gamers worldwide.

Back