StarCraft 2 beta key?

If I land another beta key, it's reserved for Bowser, since he's volunteered to lead Tribe of Judah newly-renamed StarCraft Series Chapter.

If I somehow, miraculously, land a third beta key, it's reserved for Elihu, since he's my best friend of 20 years.

So I'm afraid I won't be much help. :(

You may want to watch real-time Twitter search results. That's how I stumbled upon the contest where I scored my beta key.

If I land another beta key, it's reserved for Bowser, since he's volunteered to lead Tribe of Judah newly-renamed StarCraft Series Chapter.

If I somehow, miraculously, land a third beta key, it's reserved for Elihu, since he's my best friend of 20 years.
/bump

Yes, I made it into the beta, but I'd still like to help Bowser and Elihu get into the beta as well. Word on the street is that Blizzard sent out a new wave of beta keys today, so if you received a key and don't plan on using it, please send it my way and I'll forward it on (unless, of course, you prefer to give the key to Joshinator or Keero, which is fine, too).

Whatever you do, though, please don't let the key go unused or, worse yet, sell it. (Selling keys is a violation of the beta EULA and a scummy thing to do.)

I had a dream last night that I found a computer that had the StarCraft II beta on it and I was able to play a little. With the little screenshots/youtube videos I've seen the graphics in my dream seems to be a cross between StarCraft original and SCII. But there was a ton of weird buildings and I had a battlecruiser blasting everything, it was a good dream :)

Tho I'm not sure its all that healthy :p

. But there was a ton of weird buildings and I had a battlecruiser blasting everything, it was a good dream :)

Tho I'm not sure its all that healthy :p

Sounds like your dream is imbalanced. You should probably see a psychologist and mathematician to get that worked out.

Sounds like your dream is imbalanced. You should probably see a psychologist and mathematician to get that worked out.

Well I never did understand how a lone marine (one man) could, theoretically, take down an entire Battlecruiser (a spaceship), that can easily fly into orbit. So maybe my dream was more.. realistic?

I had a dream last night that I found a computer that had the StarCraft II beta on it and I was able to play a little.

So you are saying God is telling you to build more pylons? :p

Last edited:
Well I never did understand how a lone marine (one man) could, theoretically, take down an entire Battlecruiser (a spaceship), that can easily fly into orbit. So maybe my dream was more.. realistic?
Rocket Propelled Nuke.

And this post was probably just flagged by NSA...

I know Tek will, but that'll be like in 2015 when it's 30 bucks. :p

Come to think of it, I don't think I ever got a collectors edition. This should change. @.@

So, who's going to cough up $100 for The Collector's Edition?
Not me. I had set aside $50 to buy StarCraft II and I reconsidered spending that when I heard that Blizzard will be releasing the game in 3 parts.

I'm sure I'll probably end up spending $100 on StarCraft II eventually, but my money will go toward expansion packs, not unnecessary goodies.

There's cool stuff in the Collector's Edition, sure, but I just can't justify the cost--and I don't think I could even if I was employed.

No part of me is interested in any of this... but the collector's edition does sound good...

- The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
- An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War(R) expansion set
- A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more
- The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
- StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
- A World of Warcraft(R) mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
- Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit

My problem is, when they make collector's editions, I generally must buy them. However, I don't know if I could find a justification for that kind of expenditure, usually that kind of CE will run $70-80.

I guess it all depends on the kind of job I'll have in a few weeks...

Buy the CE and sell the WoW pet for 400 bucks on Ebay. :p
Evil.

Effective, but evil.

And a Blizzard employee has probably already thought up a way to keep people from selling the WoW pet.

:: bump ::

Here's your beta key.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=829&from=homeflash&affID=77777

Comes with all pre-orders while supplies last. So, you can get in for $5, and if you decide to cancel later, you can put the money towards something else.

Edit for clarification: Specifically states you can't cancel order once beta code is recieved...but when they ran this deal for mag they did let you take that $5 towards something else.

Edit #2...if you pre-ordered online already, you should be getting a beta key email soon. No idea what happens if you ordered in store.

Last edited:
Back