Skyrim?

does anyone really want a review on this?

I did a review here on Rift and my review on Skyrim would be similar, although probably a little longer because it's not a beta, and I've played it much more.

Sure would be fun to read.

But here is my review.

GO BUY THIS GAME.

It is excellent and you need to witness the game of the century.

.....But here is my review.

GO BUY THIS GAME.

It is excellent and you need to witness the game of the century.

I must say I have to agree with this. Its one of those games where I miss playing if I dont for a few days. There is always something to do wether its blacksmithing/enchanting/alchemy or going through different dungeons and minds and finding different shouts. And including the dragons in all of this that are completely awesome. Leave a store in the middle of town and have a dragon just show up there killing all people in its path until you step up and take it out. Including the satisfying feeling of killing a dragon by yourself with a bow n arrows is awesome!

The best part about this game is about there are unlimited options of what you can do. The different races, different paths you can take (mage/warrior/archer/battlemage/assassin/anything else), and the fact that not all the quests are the same the second time you play it. A lot of the side quests you can do are at random. If you talk to a lady in some town and says her son is stuck in a mine and needs your help to get him out, then you'd do it, but i could go up to the same person and talk and she might not have a son.

The second time you play the game or if you plan on restarting and trying different races, the gameplay is different...(Minus the main story line)

SO yes game of the century, no questions asked, if you have the spare money and would like to get a good open world rpg type game I'd buy this.

I received a copy of Skyrim as a very generous gift from a fellow ToJ member earlier this week. I somehow mustered the discipline to finish Ocarina of Time before delving into Skyrim earlier tonight.

I'm only about an hour in, but I'm really diggin' the game so far. I had to turn the graphics settings down to Low (though I may try Medium again tomorrow) to get a decent framerate on my aging notebook, but the game still looks great. (I'm still dreaming of the day I can build a new gaming rig and play the game on the Ultra graphics setting, though.)

I disabled mouse acceleration and increased the FOV (field of view) to 90, which was a big help. (Other Skyrim players wanting to do the same would probably benefit from reading this article.) I also disabled my Logitech F710 (which the game and Windows recognizes as a Xbox 360 controller when in XInput mode) and increased the Look Sensitivity in Gameplay Settings to about 70%.

I'm looking forward to playing for an hour or two tomorrow!

Got Skyrim PC, i'm in the process of playing it, it's good i'm
able to play it at a good enough detail but I hav'nt got the
detail settings on ultra.

I just noticed that people keep calling this the "game of the century". I hope they realize it's only 2011 and there are 89-ish more years worth of games to go.

That's a lot of praise for such a long time. :p

Last edited:
I just noticed that people keep calling this the "game of the century". I hope they realize it's only 2011 and there are 89-ish more years worth of games to go.

That's a lot of praise for such a long time. :p

True...but it is a really good game.

On Raptr, they had counted how many hours was played for the game for those who were connected with Raptr and it was over something like 3million hours.

Also the game is the most played game with an average of about 3 hours per sitting per person. It is the most played game of the year so far beating CoD MW3, gears 3 n a ton of other games. Pretty crazy to see how this game turned out

Click here

I have it on Xbox 360 and IMO, it is tied with BF3 for GOTY. I have finished the main quest, the Dark Brotherhood, the College of Winterhold and the Stormcloaks quests. I am almost done with the Thieves guild and will do the Companions quest next.
I am a lvl. 75 battlemage. I switch between magic and duel-wielding daedric swords(duel-enchanted with fire and frost damage). I have legendary drastic armor,most with duel-enchantments, and my favorite dragon Shout is Fire Breath.
What are y'alls stats?

I swore that I was going to wait on Skyrim until I was done with my Calculus class.

So, within 10 minutes of walking out of my final this past Saturday, I was carrying it out of the nearest Gamestop. =) (Impressed, Icthus? I finally figured out what that 'willpower' thing everyone was talking about was...)

Got it for 360, and I have to say that it's ok...

*mrff*

*brrrrggg*

Dang, I thought I could pull that off with a straight face. The game is all that it's hyped to be. uh-mazing.

I'm having so much fun that I can't even stick to one character. Started with a finger-waggler, and just had to roll up a sneaky archer/assassin-type last night. Totally different feel between the two. Altaholism strikes again. At least I can run through the opposing faction storylines now, as well as focusing on different subquests and attitudes towards NPCs, just to see how much of a difference that makes.

Yeah, I know I'm late to the party (and am impressed that I was able to resist for so long), but I just had to give my props. This game is so far beyond fun.

Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation didn't like Skyrim... so therefore I won't buy it.

Kidding. I'm sure I'll get it when I get a good computer.

... if I did seriously consider Yahtzee's gaming reviews I would only own Portal.

a co-worker bought me PC skyrim.... i have the best work place evar!

So I'm considering making an exception to my rule of buying no more games for Skyrim (after I wait my standard 2 weeks to decide if I really want it). However, I'm not in a position to upgrade my system. Will my somewhat older system run the game at least on average settings? I've done some looking around but am seeing conflicting advice (most of it old).

Windows XP (32-bit)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz
4GB of RAM (only 3.25 addressable due to 32bit system)
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

I think the 9600 will hold you back a little, but it should play on low to medium settings even on that. If it doesn't, you could upgrade to the 260 which is fairly cheap now and is a pretty solid card (well, for its price).

Back