Sitting out.

Sambosoul

Guess I won't be joining you guys. I've been trying to install the beta for the last few days and it keeps setting off my virus scanner and then throws an error at me. I turned off my scanner and it still shootin errors. So I guess I'll be sitting this one out. I really wanted to check things out before I decided to buy.

Guess I won't be joining you guys. I've been trying to install the beta for the last few days and it keeps setting off my virus scanner and then throws an error at me. I turned off my scanner and it still shootin errors. So I guess I'll be sitting this one out. I really wanted to check things out before I decided to buy.

:( Sorry to hear this... What version of windows are you running? Also...what virus scanner are you using?

Are you having problems downloading and installing the beta itself or the patches?

If it's the patches, have you tried this thread at FFXIVCore?

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12719-open-beta-megauploadutorrent-links-install-instructions/

The 4.7GB patch as well as the beta patcher itself were going horribly slow for me, so I downloaded everything from Mediafire. The only thing I recommend that the above thread doesn't seem to mention (unless I missed it), cut the vercheck.dat file from the patch folders and paste it somewhere that you can easily paste it back if need be, and then run the launcher. It should create a new .dat file and recognize the patches then.

I've never used MSE, but is there a way to add exceptions to its detection list? Sounds like it's just false positives you're getting.

I can get all the patches fine, it's just when it's trying to install them I get an error. I haven't tried adding it to the exceptions list. I'm gonna try that now

If you have pulled all the patches from the torrenter into your FF folder, make sure to "Remove" the torrents from the torrenter program (so it doesn't seed them, don't delete the data though).

Is it crashing when you have the blue updater program running, or when it's actually doing the long install process (the grey box with two progress bars)?

If you have pulled all the patches from the torrenter into your FF folder, make sure to "Remove" the torrents from the torrenter program (so it doesn't seed them, don't delete the data though).

Is it crashing when you have the blue updater program running, or when it's actually doing the long install process (the grey box with two progress bars)?

The install progress gets to 99 on both bars and then my computer poops...

Awesome! :)

Regarding technical difficulties where players are unable to access FINAL FANTASY XIV, the recovery operation is estimated to be complete at 2:00 (PDT) on Sep. 6, 2010.

Last edited:
Back