since when do ad's always bot?

Mostly_Harmless

Tribe of Judah Unreal Tournament Chapter Co-leader
I have noticed that I don't solo lane against ashe or other favorite ad chars anymore. Everyone demands ad bottom. Why did this change? Did Ap items get buff or something? Honestly MF and cait seem to be the only ad that can mid well against ap.

Current strat is to put the AD bottom with a support. The support heals/shields the carry and harasses the enemy, while the carry last-hits safely for a few years.

Current strat is to put the AD bottom with a support. The support heals/shields the carry and harasses the enemy, while the carry last-hits safely for a few years.

This makes sence, i'll be honest though, I see nothing wrong with 2 ad cars and a support. I think it works just as fine as two ap's or two tanks.

The AD carry lanes bot with support because they can get just as much farming in a duo lane as they can in a solo lane. The drawback is that they don't level up as fast, but they get the advantage of having a buddy whose only goal is to protect them and help them get as much farming as possible. Not leveling as fast is not such a huge deal, though, because they tend to scale just as well with items as they do with levels, and their late game is more important than their early game.

AP casters take solo lanes (usually mid) because they need levels as fast as possible to make their spells do more damage (i.e. they scale better with levels early on than they do with items).

The second solo lane is a total wild card. High-level American teams tend to put someone tanky (Jarvan, Udyr, Warwick), while high-level European teams tend to give it to a second caster. I have also occasionally seen a second AD carry take solo top, but that is much less common.

The AD carry lanes bot with support because they can get just as much farming in a duo lane as they can in a solo lane. The drawback is that they don't level up as fast, but they get the advantage of having a buddy whose only goal is to protect them and help them get as much farming as possible. Not leveling as fast is not such a huge deal, though, because they tend to scale just as well with items as they do with levels, and their late game is more important than their early game.

Yeh MOstly, let me have that mid with Veiger! Quit hogging all the XP!

It's funny, MF is a harcore counter to viegar solo mids : ) 0 abiltiy power ftw

0 banshees ftw :p

Sadly there's not a lot of people Veigar lanes well against. If you use his Q on champs, then it's just a crappier version of Annie/Vlad/Ryze/etc, AND you gimp your mid/lategame by not getting the AP. If you use it on minions, then you're not harassing much (and you're not gaining mana like Annie/Malz or health like Vlad).

He'd actually work fairly well in a bot lane with Soraka; she can keep his health and mana up while he builds AP, and he's got the stun to protect her from ganks... but the enemy Cait + Sona or whatnot will be doing the same thing. Hopefully he would keep up enough to be able to instagib some people in the midgame.

viegar>any carry everytime. Early DFG allows him to still 1 shot you.

Basically you want to have an AP carry mid because their spells/skills become significantly stronger as they level up faster unlike an ad carry where most of their damage is coming from right click. Getting level 18 fast with an AD champion does not really compare to a fast level 18 AP champ. Think what you would rather have a fast "creeps be gone" champion or a tibbers 1 shotting people.

Back