should we bring MF back from the dead?

ChickenSoup

Banned
MF may have been nerfed by the thing where you only get 10 minions per necro, but someone (I forget who, it was DZwart or Paul or someone... can't remember) proposed that if we had 2 groups of 3, each with a resmer, saccer, and MM, we could still get 20 minions.

So what do you think?

hm.. i read on Anet that main Necros went poping up very often in HoH, so Anet is trying to balance it out. I wouldnt object to it and Anet wouldnt either.

I might work but you will never win the Halls with it I think. I could be wrong though.

The big weakness to MF was always SS, which got nerfed to pieces with the Nightfall update.

It might be worth a second look.

EDIT: Let me amend that a bit after looking at the actual phrases used by ANet in their update, quoted below:
Anet said:
Melee monsters are more intelligent about keeping themselves spread out, so that they don’t put themselves into a position where they’re highly susceptible to AoE attacks.
Same applies to henchies. I have not noticed the changes as of yet, but a golem, a few horrors and fiends plus Winnowing and maybe a QZ (to kill enemy energy management) on the rezzers would make this option a viable HoH build. Rezzers would also have to be healers for HoH to not get Ghostly killed.

Last edited:
The other night we experimented with a single MM, Saccer and Resmer team, plus three VIM trappers. The idea behind that build is to distract and delay with the trappers while the factory gets built, and then the whole army rushes the alter at the last minute to cap it. I'm very convinced that this type of build can cap VERY well, with all those minions plus traps hitting everything that's on the alter.

Even though we weren't up to spec (lvl 19 necro, for example), we managed to cap the alter twice before I figured out we were not very survivable once we capped it and we needed to delay longer before capping. If we'd had the benefit of heal party (which the resmer can do) and a maxed-out aegis (a 55 monk could manage that), we would have been better off. Not sure how long we can hold the alter even when up to spec with this build, but it really isn't necessary to be able to hold it to win the Halls if it is capped at the right time.

Paul

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;191539 said:
I have not noticed the changes as of yet, but a golem, a few horrors and fiends plus Winnowing and maybe a QZ (to kill enemy energy management) on the rezzers would make this option a viable HoH build. Rezzers would also have to be healers for HoH to not get Ghostly killed.

Great point about QZ. One of the things we have to worry about is if they have monks to keep their hero alive on the alter. QZ, NR and Tranquility could all interfere with enemy monks as well as spikes without hampering us much, but I think QZ has the greatest effect.

Paul

The other night we experimented with a single MM, Saccer and Resmer team, plus three VIM trappers. The idea behind that build is to distract and delay with the trappers while the factory gets built, and then the whole army rushes the alter at the last minute to cap it. I'm very convinced that this type of build can cap VERY well, with all those minions plus traps hitting everything that's on the alter.

Paul

LOL minion factory was my favorite set up back in the day when we were using it for GvG.I was thinking that if we did bring MF back it would be a good capping build. There is a few new minion skills that came out with night fall i was wondering if those would be good to add or not?

Rezmer = Me/Mo, correct? We always wonder what to do with those other skill slots? Make one of em Blackout. Rezmer runs in and blacks out a monk, then you cap.

dude hook me up i love MF, msg me on x-fire when ur doin it

As the saccer the other night, I might recommend another permenant resurrect instead of vengeance. Veng only lasted 30 seconds and I felt entirely useless once the minion horde was built. Resurrection Chant would work since the resmer should always have more health than the 55 saccer. However, the cast time would be just under 4 seconds at 16 fast casting. That's pretty long compared to most others. Is there another recharging rez that brings target back at full health?

Also, for the saccer(s) a second weapon or set with +60hp might be a good idea so you get your health up to 110 after the permenant rez.

Resurrection Chant would work since the resmer should always have more health than the 55 saccer.
One would hope so. :) And yeah, I felt useless, too; all I had was interrupts...which I kept misfiring, since I was so tired. :eek:

And as mentioned earlier, heal party would be great for the mes; I had a self-heal mes skill that could be dropped to make room for it. And since I was using an elite for my interrupt, that could be freely switched.

Don't know if MF can win, but I'm more than willing to give it a try!

How about a Mes/Rit? oh nvm Rit rez would bring you to full health everytime. Well maybe to Mesmers one Monk one Rit? Maybe take 3 Paragon/W for healing and Damage? Would be a tougher build to kill use the mesmers to shut down the other teams monks. While the Paragons hit em with spears and keep the group healed? Or maybe 2 Paragon and one Monk. A Paragon healer heals like a Prot monk and wen you use spells and skills you are healed as well and Paragon Warriors can use Shield up all the time and keep everyone with a +20 Armor bonus.

ok im getting the gist of this...but i cant figure out what MF stands for. also the build would be nice :D

Back