• "that's between you and God"

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpfox

I've been a Non-Christian for all my life, then again ive been rude like an Athiest, heh. So, what shall it be people?

your missing the whole point man... its not like God is trying to sell you anything. He doesn't need you to believe in Him for Him to exist. God is the end. If you want to take Christianity seriously read mathew 10:33. but if its all fun, games, and a poll to you, thats your call.

he's got a point...being a Christian shouldn't be something you casually decided to become; you've gotta be serious about it, and know what you're really committing yourself to

its between u n God. as ive said before to be a Christian u have to have a personal relationship with God, and to do that u have to accept that Jesus was a son of God and that He lived a perfect life and then died on a Cross and on the 3rd day rose from the dead, and in doing so, washed away all of our sins. and really thats all u have to do.

Corp, do you think you should become a christian? Do you think that Jesus came down to earth, lived a perfect life and then suffered for your sins or do you at least think its possible? And was there any reason other than wanting to find out what we thought, why did you make this poll?

Don't try and get a consensus and then follow that - ask yourself whether it's in your heart to believe.

If it is, then by all means follow that path - but don't pick Christianity just because you feel you need to believe in something bigger than yourself. Look around for the right path for yourself.

My dear friend Corp,

You and I chatted the other night in teamspeak. I was the Knights of the Trinity Paladin/Sorcerer. I was glad we talked because there wasn't anyone else on at the time and it was good to have company.

As for your question, its a very good question. Should you be a Christian?

Have you ever seen the Blair Witch Project? What about Jeepers Creepers 2? Cabin Fever? I always found these movies interesting because its about a group of kids going into a very dangerous situation. Then they freak out, panic, and turn on each other just to try and survive. That is what life without faith in God is like. You feel alone, and so when the stresses and storms of life come your way, you have to find a way to fight your way through. And that can be scary.

Now you've heard many people say that Christ is the way to heaven:
"If you confess with your mouth 'Jesus Is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, then you shall be saved."
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whosoever believe's in Him shall not perish but gain eternal life."

But Christianity is not just about faith in God and salvation. Its about living the life God has made for you:
Love God with all your mind and heart.
Love your neighbors as yourself.
Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

The bible is full of people who loved and followed God. It speaks of how those people were put in some very dangerous and stressful situations and through God's mighty hand, they were delivered.

For example. If you were standing in a field with a friend, and before you was a mighty army of sword wielding soldiers wanting to kill you. Would you just stand there or would you run away to safety? Well, the same thing happened to a man named Jonathan (sp) and his armor bearer. He prayed to God for help. Then the two marched right up, scaled a cliff, and entered the army encampment. 2 men against an entire army. And those 2 men, with God's help, won that battle and sent the enemy fleeing!

If you choose to be a Christian, its not about going to church. Its not about following rules. Its about knowing that you have a God who loves you, who forgives your failings, and who daily helps you through your struggles. The Christian walk is a powerful one full of love and joy and peace. And these aren't things that you practice, but things that come to you and fill you and sometimes overcome you.

I tell you this, if those Blair Witch kids were Christian, they would not be paniced and scared and running every which way. They would be sticking together, praying to God, and walking forth in faith and trust. And God would be with them all that way.

So yes, I would say give Christ a try. Read the bible and ask a Christian about who God really is. Pray yourself and honestly ask if there is a God, and if there is, to have Him become a part of your life. Continue to seek the truth of what is really out there and try to find out more about what it means to be a Christian. It is a far better life than you can imagine. Not always an easy life, but a blessed one.

Just for your reference, and if you're curious, here are 15 commandments that we try and follow. (I have the first ten commandments that everybody is familiar with, and 5 that Jesus asked of us):
http://www.cgalliance.org/cgi-bin....2;t=163

Have a good week my friend. It was good to share with you again and I hope that whatever path in life you choose, you are satisfied with that choice.

I think the bible should come with a warning label "Warning, don't try this at home. The characters in this book were professional martyrs."

Hehe.  That's cute. I like that.

Now of course, not all biblical characters were martyers.  Daniel was thrown in a den of hungry lions and came out alive.  Shad, Mesh, and Abend were thrown into a fiery furnace and came out alive.  David escaped King Saul's many attempts to kill him.  And Joseph was tossed into a pit by his brothers, sold into slavery, falsely accused and tossed into prison, yet he ended up as the second in command of all of Egypt.

And not all Godly people suffered such harsh times.  Solomon ruled in a time of peace.  Ruth and Boaz lived Godly lives.  Aaron was Moses' brother and assistant during Israel's days through the wilderness.

So living a Christian/Godly life isn't as bad as it sounds.  Its just that the harder times are listed in the bible so that it can be seen how God interacts with the people He created and loves.

lol professionals. u should read a book bout Christian maryters eon, there are alot of people i dont believe id be strong enough to follow. hopefully 1 day i wont chicken out. only dude that came out ok after being close to being maryterd was Job.

As a Gamer, I sometimes play for fun.
As a poster/chatter/talker, I'm as serious as myself. (I think...)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Corp, do you think you should become a christian?  Do you think that Jesus came down to earth, lived a perfect life and then suffered for your sins or do you at least think its possible?  And was there any reason other than wanting to find out what we thought, why did you make this poll?

1st, personally, with all the comments your all giving me, no.
2nd, I thought he suffered for your peoples's(Christians) sins.
3rd, I couldn't think before i said it. so usually by now, I can think before i said it. and now, i dont know why i did that. im disabled? im stupid? im dumb?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]u have to have a personal relationship with God, and to do that u have to accept that Jesus was a son of God and that He lived a perfect life and then died on a Cross and on the 3rd day rose from the dead, and in doing so, washed away all of our sins. and really thats all u have to do.

are those the exact words I should say? because I wont remember it all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Don't try and get a consensus and then follow that - ask yourself whether it's in your heart to believe.

*sighs* what does consensus mean?
a heart has a mind of itself? feeling of itself? cause what i feel, my hearts pounding as my typing these words, scaried that you are/were mad at me,heh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If it is, then by all means follow that path - but don't pick Christianity just because you feel you need to believe in something bigger than yourself. Look around for the right path for yourself.

give me an example on "something bigger" cause i cant think of one.
the right path? trying to understand christianity from people's words, perspectives, views is the right, or wrong path?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You and I chatted the other night in teamspeak.  I was the Knights of the Trinity Paladin/Sorcerer.  I was glad we talked because there wasn't anyone else on at the time and it was good to have company.

It took me just now to relize that was you from forum to teamspeak.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Have you ever seen the Blair Witch Project?  What about Jeepers Creepers 2?  Cabin Fever?

1st, yes i seen it, but no, I still dont understand it. 2nd, just part one, didnt understand it too. 3rd, no.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Read the bible and ask a Christian about who God really is.

The whole bible? maybe a few verse please? I can read the words, but I wouldnt understand what the words would mean, or 'imagine' what they were/are doing, which is why I watch tv, gives me a better picture, instead of reading, but if i have to read, well, i'll see you back here again next year, NO JOKE! how'd u think ive been braggin ive been on the christianity route for 5 years, aye? not listen? not reading? I CANT REMEMBER IT! I CANT REMEMBER, hold on, trying to think one reason...nevermind, sorry, i dont know...but i do what something iching in my head:

something about genesis, God made the earth, he made the birds fly in the air, and the fish swim in the water, he made adam and eve, and the garden, and the tree...of...knowledge? and a snake gave one of them an apple from a tree? i cant remember in detail, their bits and pieces...then something about someone made an ark? 2 animals of every kind...beforce, the tree of knowledge '?' is that an addiction? a sin? yeah, i think i read genesis, i think thats the last i read on the bible? a few years back? is genesis in a bible? anyone know what am I saying?

maybe ill remember it a few hours later...and as for my memory, do only thing i can remember is that my name is Corpfox, I know my own password, email, how old i am, justa minute agoi remember my b-day, lol and that my mom told me to do the dishes 2 days ago!

so, if its just a matter of understanding the logic of christianity, I can clear things up.
Summary of old testament: God created the earth, chose a group of righteouse people to be his, and was betrayed by them because they sinned against him.
Summary of new testament: God physically comes to earth in a mans body, and the ansestors(sp?) of his phisical body were his chosen people. Then it goes into the story of his life, and life of the Church after His death.

Before the Earth Satan was like God's first mate, his right hand man. Satan took a group of angels and tried to destroy God and take over heaven. God made Hell and said anything that apposed Him goes to hell. Satan is called the devil, and the angels that followed him are now referred to as demons. When we sin against God's command we appose God. This deserves Hell. When we give our lives and souls to God, he makes us clean from sin(apposing God) so that we don't have to go to Hell. As far as how he takes our sins away, you can read the book of John. (fourth book in the new testament) Don't worry, its not long.

Thats the briefest description I can give you, I hope that helps, but of course theres a world more detail than that.

-Corey

consunses means poll i think. and master plan laid it out well. and not being able to remember stuff is common. even though i read my Bible every day doesnt mean i remember it word for word, wish i did though but im human give me a break, as u should ur self

Well, of course I'd love for you to be a Christian, another soldier for the Lord to use in His battle against all the falsities that are in this world, such as corrupted religious, heck, corrupted Christianity, and other things that do nothing but bring humans down.

I will say that being a Christian is hard, you do feel the weight of the "cross you bear". For me, it's daily walking my school campus and seeing person after person look me in the eye, and I can see within them more in that moment than perhaps they've ever seen of themselves. They're empty. It makes me sad, but it is my duty to show them there is something greater.

Our God-given abilities start to blossom once we've been saved be the Grace of our Lord Christ...

I've been "Developing" mine for years, since the day I made that commitment, and they're just now coming to fruition, and I'm sure they still have much growing to do before they are taken to their rightful place with me to the side of our Father God.

Search your soul, search for God, because He has been looking for you since the day you were born.

In Our Eternal Lord,
Tyler

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Corpfox @ Feb. 10 2004,6:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You and I chatted the other night in teamspeak.  I was the Knights of the Trinity Paladin/Sorcerer.  I was glad we talked because there wasn't anyone else on at the time and it was good to have company.

It took me just now to relize that was you from forum to teamspeak.
sad.gif

Actually, I met you on teamspeak first, then saw you on the forums. The only posts I have made were under the name 'Malohaut' only. So if you think we had been talking all this time in forums, we haven't. I'm just starting to get to know you a little. I like your curiosity and you're a pretty smart guy.

[b said:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Have you ever seen the Blair Witch Project? What about Jeepers Creepers 2? Cabin Fever?

1st, yes i seen it, but no, I still dont understand it. 2nd, just part one, didnt understand it too. 3rd, no.

Well, from what I've gotten from those movies is this: You have a group of high school aged kids going out together to either a cabin in the woods, or coming from a high school football game, or just going to a small town. An evil entity rises up against them and there's mass hysteria/panic/fear. They turn against each other, yell at each other, and sometimes beat each other down just to get out of the evil thing's way. It shows what the true nature of the human spirit is on this Earth.

The main difference between the Christian and non:
Non Christians care for themselves. They also care for others as long as they do not get hurt by those others. If they do, those others are put on a hate list.
Christians care for themselves. They also care for others unconditionally. Even if they get hurt by others, (hurt emotionally or physically, on purpose or by accident) they still are called to love that person (not necessarily love their actions.)

We're all the same people. We're all the same humans with the same flaws and failures and weaknesses. We as Christians love those who have hurt because we ourselves have sometimes hurt others. We're daily trying to fight ourselves/our own bodies because our bodies desire comfort and pleasure, even at the expense of someone else, and we must sometimes sacrifice those desires to avoid hurting someone. And sometimes we fail trying to control ourselves. So we understand acts of evil. We all do it. So even though we may hate the sin, we should never hate the sinner. God doesn't.

[b said:
The whole bible? maybe a few verse please? I can read the words, but I wouldnt understand what the words would mean, or 'imagine' what they were/are doing,

Corp. I have been a Christian for 23 years. And I have not read the entire bible. And I can't remember exact verses or references. The only bible I've really read completely is when I was younger, I read the picture bible. Its kind of like a comic book form of the bible. Its fun to read and it relays the same stories with some cool pictures.

Usually, when a Christian suggests to someone to read the bible, they recommend that the person starts with the first book of the new testament: Matthew. That's the book of the bible that tells about the life of Jesus, and is an important book.

The bible is quite a large book with many different writings. A lot of the books of the old testament speaks about the days of Israel: how they came about, how God blessed them, how they sinned and fell from God's grace.
Psalms is a book of praise used for worship during the days of Israel. Some of the books of the old testament are about prophets who predicted the coming of doom for a sinful nation of Israel, or the coming of a savior to help the people.
Proverbs is a book of wise sayings. Its has a lot of Solomon's (one of Israel's Kings) wisdom. Its kind of like confusious if you've ever heard of him.
Ecclesiastes is a book about Solomon, the wisest king of all time, who struggled to find the meaning of life.

Then the new testament focuses around Jesus. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John speak of the life of Jesus from 4 different people who were with him. Acts and Romans I believe speak of the life of the believers after Jesus died, rose, and ascended into heaven. Then there are books like Ephesians, Colossians, etc that were letters written to the churches of Ephesius and Colossian that addressed their attempt to follow Christ, and warned them of some of those church's failures to do so. And Revelations is a highly metaphorical book about the end times.

Now I did not expect you to memorize what I just said about the bible. I was simply giving you a basic idea of what its about, like the guy in the previous post. That way, if you wanted to check out the bible, you might have an idea about where to start. Want to see how a wise man views the meaning of life? Read Ecclesiastes. Want to see how a man of God can fall onto some very hard times but still trust in God? Read Job.

And you don't have to read the King James Version if its too confusing. You can read the Amplified Bible, the New Living Translation, the English Standard Version. Or if you know another language like French for example, there's the Louis Segond Bible or the Bible du Semeur. And of course you have us if you have any questions about what you read or any recommendations of where to start. (Most would recommend you start with Matthew) And then just read at your leisure wherever you want. Explore and see what the other books are about. Some bibles will actually have a description of each book at the beginning of each book of the bible.

Heh. Sorry if I'm babbling. Sometimes I just let lose and talk away. But I think you get the basic idea.

Malohaut, that is unadulterated crap, I'm afraid.

Christian's are amongst the most selfish people I know - everything is always expressed in terms of THEIR personal relationship with THEIR God and whether it forwards THEIR personal salvation.

Of course, Asatruaar are no better - the Havamal tells us pretty sternly what our responsibilities are and we're fools if we flout them.

Bottom line is that people are just that - people. Some are good and some are bad and some are religious.

eh Eon... We are all selfish and technically the Bible says: ask and it will be given unto you. however that doesnt mean it will happen exactly the way you want but does happen and God works in mysterous ways. and Corp another book of the Bible after you read most of the New testament you should read Job in the Old Testament. he one of my fav Bible dudes. and Malahuat, picture Bibles ROCK!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Eon @ Feb. 12 2004,12:59)]Malohaut, that is unadulterated ****, I'm afraid.

What I speak of is true Christianity from the bible.  Jesus Christ himself commanded us to love God and to love our neighbors, and in that, we fulfil ALL the commandments.  And Jesus Christ also commanded us to love our enemies, and pray for those who persecute us.

So it is not nonesense.  It is the exact existance that God demands of us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Eon @ Feb. 12 2004,12:59)]Christian's are amongst the most selfish people I know - everything is always expressed in terms of THEIR personal relationship with THEIR God and whether it forwards THEIR personal salvation.

Yes!  Absolutely!  You are correct!  Christians are selfish.  Non Christians are selfish.  Atheists are selfish.  Agnostics are selfish.

Romans 3:23 "For ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Eon @ Feb. 12 2004,12:59)]
Bottom line is that people are just that - people. Some are good and some are bad and some are religious.

Yes!  I agree 100%  We are people.  Some are good, some are bad.  None are perfect and all are selfish in their own way.

But there was only one Jesus.  Only one true God.  One creater of the universe.  There are religions, formulated by the creativity of man, and there is reality: the existance of the world, of its inhabitants, and of its creater.  Just as there is only one way our lungs can breathe (it breathes air, not water, not vacuums, not legos), there is only one God.  Proven by the bible, which itself was proven by archeology, logic, and daily by God himself in ways you can't see or hear.

I agree with your point.  However, my model of the perfect Christian exists in Christ (hence the name Christian).  We understand that we are not perfect and we are very selfish and sometimes hateful and sometimes sinful.  

Romans 7 : 14 - 25  "We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.  So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin."

If the above scriptural reference seems too confusing, then here is the amplified bible's version of it:

"We know that the Law is spiritual; but I am a creature of the flesh [carnal, unspiritual], having been sold into slavery under [the control of] sin.
For I do not understand my own actions [I am baffled, bewildered]. I do not practice or accomplish what I wish, but I do the very thing that I loathe [which my moral instinct condemns].
Now if I do [habitually] what is contrary to my desire, [that means that] I acknowledge and agree that the Law is good (morally excellent) and that I take sides with it.
However, it is no longer I who do the deed, but the sin [principle] which is at home in me and has possession of me.
For I know that nothing good dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot perform it. [I have the intention and urge to do what is right, but no power to carry it out.]
For I fail to practice the good deeds I desire to do, but the evil deeds that I do not desire to do are what I am [ever] doing.
Now if I do what I do not desire to do, it is no longer I doing it [it is not myself that acts], but the sin [principle] which dwells within me [fixed and operating in my soul].
So I find it to be a law (rule of action of my being) that when I want to do what is right and good, evil is ever present with me and I am subject to its insistent demands.
For I endorse and delight in the Law of God in my inmost self [with my new nature].
But I discern in my bodily members [in the sensitive appetites and wills of the flesh] a different law (rule of action) at war against the law of my mind (my reason) and making me a prisoner to the law of sin that dwells in my bodily organs [in the sensitive appetites and wills of the flesh].
O unhappy and pitiable and wretched man that I am! Who will release and deliver me from [the shackles of] this body of death?
O thank God! [He will!] through Jesus Christ (the Anointed One) our Lord! So then indeed I, of myself with the mind and heart, serve the Law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin."

The bible has not been proven by archaeology - unless you're willing to accept that Homers Illiad has been proven by archaeology. The OT is the oral tradition of the hebrew people - of course it's going to be roughly correct as it pertains to the world around them.

Doesn't mean the rest of it is right.

As for the bible being confirmed by logic? That's plainly ridiculous. Science disproves the literal word of the bible time and again - whether it be the theory of evolution, or other laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back