Server/Status and IP heads up

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
Firstly I took the server down last night because we had some grievers just as I went to leave and I didn't want them coming back in (one was oddly seemingly immune to ban). It will be back up in a day~ (optimally whenever I wake up) once I get source mod re-installed and admins other than the few with rcon can actually admin.

Secondly we are going to attempt using a different trial server next week to see if server performance improves. It's difficult for me to diagnose these things with my client side issues, lack of knowledge and Valve's general wonkyness but we shall try. Tek I could not hear the syntax of what the IP was in game chat would you please go ahead and post it below for everyone so they will have it, thanks. So you guys know the address give here will be a redirect which will not work until next Tuesday. The old IP should be kept too until we decide if we are permanently changing.

Last edited:
If you don't want to check back here for the server address next Tuesday before our next game night, just add tf2.toj.cc to your server favorites.

As long as I have the new IP address in to GearHost in time, they can update the DNS record before Tuesday.

If you don't want to check back here for the server address next Tuesday before our next game night, just add tf2.toj.cc to your server favorites.

As long as I have the new IP address in to GearHost in time, they can update the DNS record before Tuesday.

Here is the test server ip 68.232.172.91:27015 which we will be testing come Tuesday . Tek change over the server redirect DNS address thing go please. I plan to announce the address on Steam as well as on the old server's motd.

...I already don't have high hopes for this as the first thing I did was...

Connected to new, fresh server with no modifications. My ping was 80-90~
Connected to old server, ping 50~
Connected back to new server, ping still 80-90~
So it wasn't a spike and the server is supposed to be in the same location...

Be sure to watch the billing just in case. I got them to confirm multiple times it would not cost any money but better to watch and be sure.

I'll be configuring the test server over the next couple days. Keep having issues with disabling sprays lately. I've tried many solutions to no avail hopefully it's just my spray showing up on my client...

Last edited:
Here is the test server ip 68.232.172.91:27015 which we will be testing come Tuesday . Tek change over the server redirect DNS address thing go please.
Just submitted the request for custom DNS record change to GearHost. I'll try to remember to post again when I receive confirmation from GearHost that they updated the DNS record for tf2.toj.cc.

If we find that this new server doesn't perform any better than our current server, we should probably put together a short list of server rental companies and be ready to switch to a new host.

Last edited:
tf2.toj.cc now forwards to 68.232.172.91.

Back