Server request: Onslaught time limits

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
GRR.

After playing for nearly thirty minutes straight on the same match, Red lost to Blue because we had a deficit of one player. With the help of my teammate, I had managed to knock down Blue's reactor to ~35 points, but we couldn't overcome being short one player.

Had there been a time limit in effect, I'm confident that our team would have won. We dominated most of the map through the match, and an overtime powercore drain would have given us the match. Instead, I spent an additional twenty minutes fighting a very close battle only to lose in the end.

The moral of the story? Time limits are good. I apologize for getting frustrated at the end of the match. I hope there won't be cause for such frustration in the future.

EDIT: I'd personally recommend a twenty or thirty minute time limit before overtime kicks in and starts draining powercore hit points.

Time Limit - I'll set it up sometime this week, if Plankeye can re-establish my FTP/SSH privlidges.

PS - I think you were dominating the map 'cuz JJ2 was aim botting. I can't really say for sure, but he was pretty freaking good with that shock rifle from some pretty crazy distances. He was sniping me from on top of Redeemer bridge all night long. But what can I say, I don't even know what an aimbotter looks like, so I can't tell. He really could have been that good.

But what was with spamming the chat lines with blank messages? That was kind of weird...running scripts maybe?

Here's another request... Remove UT2Vote. I can never connect because I have to download it and it takes quite long.

I had it once before, but it takes over the "Home" key which I have bound to something much more useful than a voting menu.

Do you have a demo? I could spot a botter easily if I had a demo. I've seen several in my line of...well, not work, exactly. My line of play.

Blank lines of text being reported could be him typing something, then thinking better of it. He was probably just saying " ". The space gets sent as a message.

re: UTVote removal... :( Sorry James, I don't think that's going to happen. Most people find it too useful to go from map to map/game type to game type in a democratic fashion. Suggestion: install it to get rid of the download time, and as for the Home Key bind, I believe if you check in the on-screen UTVote options, you can disable the home key binding and make it only be the Scroll Lock key.

re: demo of JJ2...sry, no demo, but I'll remember for next time. But he basically sat on the Redeemer bridge in ONS-Adara and sniped me continously down into our team's valley. Like I said, he really could have been that good, but that's a heck of a distance to be shooting with that shock rifle...as for the "blank chat spam", I don't think he was typing something and then changed his mind...every 5-10 seconds. He'd be silent for about 30-40 seconds, then it would start again; 2, 3, 4 blank messages in a row.

We all asked him about it, saying "hey, we can't see what you're typing"...we'd see some more blank messages in response, assumed he was trying to communicate, and respond "sorry, still can't see anything", trying to be helpful. Eventually we just gave up. Then at the end of the match, he types "gg" and then made what might have been interpretted as a snarky remark about the blue team and then bailed from the server. meh...I dunno. So he could obviously communicate by chatting...so why all the blank messages?

EDIT: perhaps he was doing that to push meaningful teamchat messages up out of the buffer?

James said:
Here's another request... Remove UT2Vote. I can never connect because I have to download it and it takes quite long.

I had it once before, but it takes over the "Home" key which I have bound to something much more useful than a voting menu.

Download the UTVote and install it. Now go to the settings and then disable the UTvote key.

UT2Vote version is currently 4.8

http://unreal.co.za/proasm/ they have the New 4.9 version. Shagz going to install it????

Shagz said:
Time Limit - I'll set it up sometime this week, if Plankeye can re-establish my FTP/SSH privlidges.

PS - I think you were dominating the map 'cuz JJ2 was aim botting. I can't really say for sure, but he was pretty freaking good with that shock rifle from some pretty crazy distances. He was sniping me from on top of Redeemer bridge all night long. But what can I say, I don't even know what an aimbotter looks like, so I can't tell. He really could have been that good.

But what was with spamming the chat lines with blank messages? That was kind of weird...running scripts maybe?

He was on Tek's team!!

Hey I noticed his accuracy too. I have seen plenty of aimbotters. But then again with a ping of 32 that could be possible he was legit.
I couldn't move out of his line of site when I was in a vehicle. His shots rocked my ride and most of the time I got blown up. As far as the blank chat, I dunno. When the first game started with him I notced him just passing up the nodes on his side and coming to the spawn place on our team side. This may have been a tactic he uses. Next time record a demo I guess.

Shagz said:
I think you were dominating the map 'cuz JJ2 was aim botting. [...] But what was with spamming the chat lines with blank messages? That was kind of weird...running scripts maybe?
D'oh, I thought he was just skilled. That certainly puts things in a new light...

Like I said, I've never seen an aim botter, so I wouldn't know, but his aim from those distances with the shock rifle and the constant blank chat messages....just had me wondering.

And yes, I was already factoring in the fact that he was on Tek's team. ;)

re: new version of UTVote...I'll talk to Plank about getting my FTP and Shell privledges set back up and I'll look into it...

From my dealings with botters (my friends used them in UT 99)they install it in their system folder and then they use a key to turn it on and off at will. These newer aimbots are reallly easy to install and only programs to search for unknown ini changes and aimbot names can almost stop them. (referring to Anti TCC or something like punkbuster) I know they make just about any type of bot , aimbots- player find bots etc... the later tells where every person is all the time, behind walls or mountains, doors etc...
I personally tried one with UT 99 to see what it's like. You kill anyone visible to your gun when you press fire ,usually in one shot. It was to easy and took all the fun out of playing. That's the only time I've ever used one. It stayed on my computer one day. My friends tell me all about the newest bots so I am informed. Why a person needs one on broadband is beyond me. CS

ColdSteel said:
Download the UTVote and install it. Now go to the settings and then disable the UTvote key.

UT2Vote version is currently 4.8

http://unreal.co.za/proasm/ they have the New 4.9 version. Shagz going to install it????

Wow, thanks. :) I didn't think it was possible to remove the vote key after reading all the complaints on the Atari Forums

re: The shock core.

I can hit at that distance with the shock core. And hit with regular frequency. As well, because I have a fairly good idea of how the model reacts to being hit, I know where the player is going to land for my next hit.

Well, there ya go...I'll take my whining elsewhere. :)

UPDATE: I put a 25 mins time limit on Onslaught games, so that should be sorting Tek out. :) Or do you want me to make it shorter?

Last edited:
Shagz said:
UPDATE: I put a 25 mins time limit on Onslaught games, so that should be sorting Tek out. :) Or do you want me to make it shorter?
w00t! Twenty-five minutes should serve quite nicely, Shagz. Well done, sir. Thank you. ^^

Back