Security Key systems

My phone is so unreliable for a authentication. I went ahead and ordered it. My battery dies so quickly. Had issues like this with Rift.

I have Windows Phone 7 and both Blizzard and Trion have authenticators for it. Bioware should be able to get one on WP7 and Android.

Got the physical one. It works great.

Security keys are 8 digits vs WoW's 6 digits. I also use the WoW authenticator still after 3 years I have had no problems.

One thing I just discovered ... once you select and set something up, you're locked in to that key and have to call customer service to get it changed. And CS seems a little wobbly on their ability to change it. Not as streamlined as the Blizzard system where within battle.net you can remove a key and add a new one (so long as you have the old one to generate passcodes).

Anyhow, my personal recommendation is to ALWAYS use a key to secure your account ... while TOR's economy isn't as developed as WoW's (yet) ... its current popularity probably does make it quite a hacker target now. However, choose fob or phone and plan to stick with it. I started with fob and planned to switch over to Android ... but now it looks like I'll have to spend some phone time to do that (and I teh hate phone time..).

And DEFINITELY don't lose the fob or change phones anytime soon ... that puts you in a messy CS situation.

i think my kid just ate mine...well time to see how well swtor customer service works in removing key from account while waiting on new key :(

I've been wondering about this. There's an NPC on the Imperial Fleet that sells items related to the authenticator right?

well called customer support this morning (7am my time, 2am est) no wait straight to a support agent and im ready to log on. well say that was less time consuming than i was expecting to remove the key from my account. now that is done i will find my key...thats how it works

Back