RPG with Scripted Bosses and Raid Encounters!

Linkys a no go. It says copyright claimed by Activision.

Go figure the one game company I've ever seen make a copyright claim on youtube would be Activision... hmm I wonder noisivitcA no, no it doesn't spell the devil after all :p .

Last edited:
Go figure the one game company I've ever seen make a copyright claim on youtube would be Activision... hmm I wonder noisivitcA no, no it doesn't spell the devil after all :p .
Ubisoft has done the same.

In fact, YouTube pulled a Red Steel 2 gameplay video I posted because of a copyright claim by Ubisoft.

You put "World of" in front of it and suddenly they are afraid for their trademarks. If they are afraid of associating the games why did they name both with "craft" on the end to begin with. Don't they kind of own both games and are making money off a free mod to begin with >.< . Legal weridos.

They are probably just afraid SC could be seen as a lower cost alternative to WoW how shallow.

Last edited:
You put "World of" in front of it and suddenly they are afraid for their trademarks. If they are afraid of associating the games why did they name both with "craft" on the end to begin with. Don't they kind of own both games and are making money off a free mod to begin with >.< . Legal weridos.

They are probably just afraid SC could be seen as a lower cost alternative to WoW how shallow.

There's a backstory behind the whole copyright thing. Basically, someone just goofed up, and thought someone was making a legitimate game and stealing the Warcraft and StarCraft name. The person who thought this didn't realize it was made with the StarCraft editor by a volunteer, and the devs are actually promoting the mod. It's all history now..he just had the change the name a little (honestly it makes sense; you wouldn't want people to think it's made by the same developer).

Last edited:
There's a backstory behind the whole copyright thing. Basically, someone just goofed up, and thought someone was making a legitimate game and stealing the Warcraft and StarCraft name. The person who thought this didn't realize it was made with the StarCraft editor by a volunteer, and the devs are actually promoting the mod.

Yeah but I wouldn't be throwing around cease and desist orders. Honestly shouldn't their legal team be required to be familiar enough to tell their own game engine on sight or maybe actually research it before sending an order? I've never owned or played the game and the first thing I think of when I see it is Starcraft "mod". Did they actually own up and say they made a mistake?

he just had the change the name a little (honestly it makes sense you wouldn't want people to think it's made by the same developer).

That does make sense.

Last edited:
As far as I know no cease or desist orders were actually given, that was all a rumor, possibly started on the Blizzard forums.

So much for Gamespy's accuracy.
Well now you've just gone and broken my faith in games journalism. WhatEVER shall I do now?

Oh wait, games journalism wasn't a real thing to begin with. Carry on.

Well now you've just gone and broken my faith in games journalism. WhatEVER shall I do now?

Oh wait, games journalism wasn't a real thing to begin with. Carry on.

Don't blame poor Gerbil T_T. He linked me to it and then told me it was wrong afterwords T_T .

Last edited:
Back