Roleplaying

tomfoolery_79

I'm new to the whole "roleplaying" thing. Frankly, I don't see a whole lot of roleplaying going on (not just our guild, but anyone). What's it supposed to look like? Am I supposed to be doing something?

Oh I role play all the time pretending to be a human when I am in reality a Gerbil. :p

The thing about role playing is that it is mostly fun when you are around others who are doing it.

The other night I entered a Codex with a person who was preaching about ending the defiant evils as we waited for the game to start. Was entertaining and if I had thought about it I would have joined in with him. BUT I was actually trying to get items back on my hotbar since I redid my spec.

I have seen a few who have been roleplaying but overall the key to doing so is pretending you are the character you playing.

As for my character she would be very stoic and strong willed. She is a preacher by profession so she would be quick to direct the topic to the Gods of the Rift world.

Part of roleplaying would be knowing your character well enough to pretend you are that character. Then you say and act like your character would in that situation.

I have not bothered to roleplay any since I was interetesting getting levels but I am guessing I should stop to smell the roses more :)

I see talk in chat about RP events, like a certain night and time at a bar/inn in sanctum. Like a meet and greet kind of thing. I see some RP in the BGs. At this point I think you have to really look for it if you want it. It is obvious that most people roll on RP server because they think it will be a bit more mature and not have the horrible naming convention of the regular servers but don't actually RP at all.

I think that the queues really will help as those who were not sold out to the server moved to others due to the massive wait time. This should leave us with a really refined server for the life of the game. I am stoked.

Back