Return of the King

Exo-Slayer

Just got home from Return of the king it was amazing the best movie I have seen this year. The battles were amazing in scope and had a lot of great personal moments with the characters also. The ending does have like 8 ending's in a row and drags on a bit but its still great A lot of other people in the theatre complained and my bladder almost busted.

[Spoilers Below]

I dont really like how they potray the Dun Harrow Undead I mean they were barely at the Battle of the Pelenor Fields in the book. The Movie makes it seem like they alone won the fight. Also the Scouring of the Shire is a no show, although I had read that ahead of time. With out the scouring they put one line about Sauraman the entire movie, He was this gigantic force and then its he has no power left. Also the King Returning all of a sudden in the end was kinda eh...

I hate the Jackson movies and do not play to see RotK, but I thought I'd point that that the undead were not even barely at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields--they never went close to there.  Small little tidbit.  
smile.gif

Yes, Aragorn judged their debt to be repaid once they had seized the ships of the Black Corsairs from Umbar.

I'm a huge Tolkien fan too - but I like the movies. All except that bit where Legolas surfed the shield down the stairway - ten minutes alone with a scalpel and the master copy of the movie would have pleased me greatly! ;)

Eon

haha it doesnt come out till tommorow (boxing day, its 1:20am christmas morning here) and i wont be able to see the premierre, so oh well. Fk it, ill see it when i get to it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]With out the scouring they put one line about Sauraman the entire movie

apparently the extended dvd will have the full suaraman "exit" from the film cos they shot 9 different death scenes. (yikes rumour has it that it clocks in at 5 hrs)

The film was great but i agree with the points about the undead army and the reforging of the sword. a lot of minor plot points seemed to have been left out and others added for "cinematic effect".. but still its a good movie and as always im sure the extended dvd will do the film justice by being faithful to the book in full..

The only thing wrong with the film was the ending... yeah why cant they leave it at mount doom with the baddies beat.. oh no.. lwts go to cheesy ending #1...
ok bored of that.. chessy ending #2
cheesy ending #56.... kill me...

I saw ROTK on monday.. The movie has it highs and lows. The scenery was great, fight scenes were great, CGI was pretty amazing... Yeah. Grand.

On the other hand, I have lots to complain about(which I will keep to a minimum)... I'm a purist and don't like the plot changes, and also the annoying showing of people's faces staring (which was supposed to be melodramatic or something) is rather annoying... I hate that.. I WANT ALL ACTION rawr! But.. can't complain too much... not a bad movie. Read the book for the story, watch the movie for the action.

I saw it a second time with Lionofjudah at the end when it first fades to black when the lava is flowing I counted to five on my hand then pointed and the second ending came and then again fade to black 5 and another ending, that happened 5 times.

LOL its great take your girlfriend, or a friend and first fade to black stand up and act like your leaving LOL it could be fun

I still need to see it, everyone I know already has. I work too much. Nobody wants to go and see it again w/ me, is that a sign that it wasn't good?

Back