Redeemed Raiding Fall 2007 - All Raiders Read This

Quantum_Man

Over the last several weeks raiding has been very rocky and unsteady, most raids being cancelled. Lack of personnel has been the issue, not having the right people there at the right time. People have other commitments, jobs, school, family. Midterm season is now happening in school. In no way should raiding in a fantasy game take priority over these things. To be honest I have been enjoying this time off raiding with my wife. And I know she appreciates it too.

I propose we consolidate our 25-man raid efforts into 1 day a week for the time being. Friday will be our day, and if we don't have enough people for ANY 25-man, we'll make it Monday, giving us 2 chances a week to make it happen. I won't announce what instance we will do until I see who is online and what kind of group we will have, then whatever group makeup we have that best fits that instance, we'll do that one.

This is to get over our raiding slump. This is not permanent. Please be patient while we try to sort out all the issues. Thank you.

What time on Fridays? Does this also mean that the raid tonight is cancelled or will that be posted or announced?

k just a warning for yall i mite be a bit late the football game got moved to tonight cause it got rained out friday so ya

I am going to be cooking up some Texas Red but once I get that going in the Slow cooker I will be free.

sounds good, I'm not sure exactly what it is but texas and slow cooker sounds like a good combo, I might be willing to drive 2 hours to get some:p

I posted this in the general forums but i'll post it here as well.

Well I took a group of people into Kara today, a non-guild planned group. Most were 1st timers in Kara with a few veterans mingled in, overall it went quite well. We managed to get One attempt on Attuneman before respawns butchered us, but still overall it was a good try for a unlearned group.

I plan on doing this again next Saturday, so if you would like to go let me know, there are a few stipulations or restrictions on going and are as following.

1. You must have completed the Karazhan attunement(obvious of course)

2. You must not be saved to another group's instance. Simply because this is not meant to interfere with normal Kara raiders.
b. This supercedes 2a. DO NOT DITCH YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED GROUP TO ATTEND. If I find out that you did, you will not be invited back.

3. This group is mainly for new people to Kara not alts or veterans to Kara, but alts and veterans are welcome if there is not enough people to fill the group(see 2a and b). However come ready to put your best game forth, potions, bandages, etc...

4. This is a learning experience for most so don't expect "PhaT Loots" as they will be few and far between.

5. Come to have fun, if you don't, don't come.

Invites will start at 12 pm server time and we'll go as soon as we get enough.

Hey everyone. Just wanted to encourage everyone. Sometimes guilds in general hit times like this. I encourage everyone to take advantage of this down time. Please dont be discouraged if we don't raid one night. Remember this game is about friends and having fun.

Now I would be the first one to be upset if we don't raid enough. Raiding is a big part of my WoW fun. I play this game mainly to raid. I enjoy endgame content and want to do things (with rewards) that I have never done before. I just encourage you to take this time to do the following:

1) Pvp if you like to. There will be some cool opportunities to get great loot when 2.3 comes out with honor. Improve your PVE set with upgrades from the PVP Arena 1 gear that will improve our raid force.

2) Go Farm! I know I spend lots of mats raiding and when we raid consitently I get low on supplies. Its time to STOCK UP!! When we get back to a more regular raid pattern you will be all set with your mats.

3) Do Heroics! There is going to be some awesome new rewards for the Badges coming up. Get a group together and do a Heroic if we are not raiding. You will be glad you saved up your badges later when the patch comes out.

You see! There is lots to do. Most of all you get a chance to do these things with friends. You can also always help a person run a instance or get some quest done that they have had in their logs forever. Just enjoy the downtime while you can. Before you know it we will be back at the raiding grind. Everyone Keep the faith.

Your friend Reco.

good words of advice there reco . the unfortunate thing is i cant do any of them and here are my reasons why.

1. im not good at pvp

2. healadins cant farm seeing we get killed by horde very fast.

3. i only have 2 heroic keys and am waiting for the next patch to go buy the last three i need.

1. no one is good at pvp when they first start, I had never healed pvp until last week:p Dont be scurred to try, especially with a guild group going to BGs, that is a blast!

2. I have farmed a lot and never seen horde, even as prot I cant kill horde, best I can do is make them work to kill me heh.

3. 2 heroic keys is at least 6 instances you can do on heroic

3. 2 heroic keys is at least 6 instances you can do on heroic[/QUOTE]

not when the only 2 keys you have are CoT and CE , ive gotten everything i need from those two except for one piece that im after but not really a need for it

thats 5 instas:p I dont need anything from any insta under Kara but I still run instances:p CE are some of my favorite heroics too, nice and easy. And all heroics drop the badges we will need in 2.3, some very nice gear coming out for everyone then

so Where if ya wanna do a heroic SV hit me up i havent to finish it before and i really want to complete one run.

and if any1 wants to run heroic ARc let me know cause im game for that too. Personally i dont think they are hard, there just annoying

I am positive we will get out of this slump one way or another, but when we get out, will we go all out again - like learning two bosses at once?

Wiping is part of raiding, but when we only down one boss a week, and wipe every other raid day, it gets disheartening. I am sure we would have had Lurker tonight if we had spent more days on him, like the days we would have been at Mag's lair, or we would have mag down further if we didn't focus on SSC.

Just a question I had.

Back