Red Alert 3

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Thanks to Blizzard's announcement that Starcraft II will be released as a trilogy, interest in Red Alert 3 and Dawn of War 2 has increased dramatically.

I've never been a huge fan of the Command & Conquer series, but I'd be interested in researching a game that will cost $40 or $50 instead of $150 to play online properly.

I had hung my hopes of reviving Tribe of Judah's Strategy Section on Starcraft II, but I wonder if that will be financially feasible for most members.

What do you all think of RA3 so far? Is anyone planning to pre-order the game or pick it up shortly after release?

I am Pre-ordering just have to decide from where[Read online that a pre order will get you a unlock code for a Warhammer online game Item but that might be by Store], I participated in the Beta test and was very pleased of the game, always fun to have Airplanes that can dive under water or above, and NO game should be without Combat Bears/Dogs and Dolphins, also this will break the Ice into the Water Battles which are very Fun. I have the other C & C games, play C & C 3/Kanes Wrath almost daily, so if you do buy the Game Tek, we can link up for a match or two[Plus it has a Friends list so its easier to find your Friends online] :)

and NO game should be without Combat Bears/Dogs and Dolphins
Combat dolphins?

Wow, that alone makes it worth downloading the demo when the time comes.

if you do buy the Game Tek, we can link up for a match or two[Plus it has a Friends list so its easier to find your Friends online] :)
Aye, of course! It will depend largely on whether or not I'm employed, whether or not EA makes a demo available, and how I like the demo.

But knowing that there will be combat dolphins, I'm definitely going to play the demo. :D

Dolphins appeared in RA2, to combat the Giant Squid. So if you have a little cash, you can fulfill all your combat dolphin needs until RA3 comes out.

Dolphins appeared in RA2, to combat the Giant Squid. So if you have a little cash, you can fulfill all your combat dolphin needs until RA3 comes out.

Apparently, the removed the Giant Squids in RA3. I guess now the Russians have a better counter Vs Dolphins.

Oh Tek7, you may like the 3rd Faction. They use lasers, swords and mecha/robots, as they are Ja-pan-ese!

Apparently, the removed the Giant Squids in RA3. I guess now the Russians have a better counter Vs Dolphins.
I can always fire up the last level of Katamari Damacy for my giant squid fix.

Oh Tek7, you may like the 3rd Faction. They use lasers, swords and mecha/robots, as they are Ja-pan-ese!
Rock rock on.

Now all the game is lacking is an option to issue commands via microphone.

"GEKIGANGER ASSEMBLE!"

Well The Dolphins are more for recon but they can use a small laser, Every faction is Unique, but what can you expect when the Russians try to time travel and End up in a Altered Universe where every Wacky Invention is in use. If you want a sample here is a link for Red Alert, it is FREE http://www.ea.com/redalert/news-detail.jsp?id=62 ,This is also the site for RA 3, I attached a Screenshot from the open Beta so you can get a general Idea, unfortunately it does not have any Vehicles only Structures, Cya all soon:)

Last edited:
RA3

Short answer: YES, as a long-time fan of Command & Conquer I will be purchasing RA3 immediately when it's released! C & C games are the most enjoyable rts games on the market in my personal opinion with the Red Alert series being my favorite although many, many, many hours have been spent playing C & C Generals. :)

Lance

Not sure if any of you Hard Core RTS fans have played WIC [World in Conflict] but thats a Equally Impressive game, I only play a few RTS, C & C series and WIC, I was even on a TGL team for WIC, lotsa fun :)

Yes the Beta was over 2 weeks or so ago, a Shame, but now I await a Demo like you guys, HF with the game it does work :)

I love the red alert series...can't wait to try this one.

My favorite in RA2 was playing as Yuri's faction in the expansion, though...mind control was mean, but fun. The Japanese faction seems interesting.

I enjoy RA 3 as well, although it is quite different from the rest of the series, at least they enlarged all Vehicles and soldiers so my Old weary eyes do not have to strain. I really like the Co-op for single player missions, so now online has a new twist, batlle 1 to 6 or Help someone in Single player in Co-op :)

All Right for all you guys who purchased Red Alert 3, I now have all The Premier Edition Maps, there are a total of 10, bad thing is I can't just post them since each one has its own installer. However If you join me on Xfire sometime[user name rsturgill] then I can send you the files that way and believe me they are worth it, if you install all these then you will have the premier edition game minus bonus disc and soundtrack which I am working on[If you have a version in another language, don't worry they work fine], Cya all soon :)
Maps include:
Bonus content from EA Collectors Edition
Bonus content from Best Buy
Bonus content from Gamestop
Bonus content from EA Store
Bonus content Warhammer
Bonus content Pre-Order

Last edited:
So can Tribe of Judah use Red Alert 3 to revive its Strategy Section, or do we need to wait for Dawn of War 2 or Starcraft II?

RA3 looks like a solid game, but is there any interest in a RA3 chapter?

I Enjoy playing RA 3, I know many reviews Bad mouth the copy protection and the DRM but I have had Zero problems so far, as far as the DRM goes, when you initially put in your key it is Verified with the Master server, after that no disc is needed and you may install the game on up to a total of 5 computers and if more installations are needed then go to EA support[you will be required to show proof] but they will extend this number. I am working through the Single player missions[Which may also be done in coop online] and at first I thought the acting was kinda cheesy but it actually has a good storyline. If there is a RA 3 or a RTS chapter then I will be there[Ingame RA 3 is BlackBeard] I always have Xfire running when online :)

P.S. Beware if you buy a used or pre-owned copy, Make sure you get the reciept and the Original Case for the game[you will need this if the DRM has to be extended]

Back