Recommended WiiWare exclusives?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
As mentioned elsewhere, I have 1300 Nintendo Points left. If no one steps forward to give me cash in return for a gifted copy of WiiWare or Virtual Console titles, I'll want to spend them eventually.

Trouble is, there aren't many WiiWare exclusives that have caught my attention.

I already own World of Goo, And Yet It Moves, and Cave Story+ on the PC and Toki Tori has been as cheap as $1.24 on Steam before. Swords & Soldiers has also been super-cheap on Steam, too. I think NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits has been on sale on Steam as well.

I own Megaman 9 and loved it, but I'm not interested in Megaman 10. One nostalgia-fueled retro blast is enough for me.

I bought the PSN version of Tetris, so I don't have any interest in Tetris Party. Dr. Mario was one of the very few (relatively) popular puzzle games in video game history that I didn't care for.

I received LostWinds as a gift from a friend, but it was short enough to discourage me from spending my points on Winter of the Melodias.

I played a few of the Bit.Trip series games but just wasn't feelin' 'em.

Never been all that thrilled with Bomberman games.

Retro City Rampage looks promising and I have to admit that I really enjoyed LostWinds, short (and over-priced) as it was. I played the demo of Fluidity and liked it. So there are a few titles on WiiWare that interest me. Just not many.

And I can't finish a thread about WiiWare without griping about the Wii Shop's terrible pricing and lack of sales. I mean, seriously? Eight dollars for a SNES game? It didn't seem as absurd when the Wii Shop first launched, but now we've grown accustomed to Steam sales and $8 for a game from 1994 seems ludicrous by comparison.

</rant>

If you all have any recommendations for how to spend my 1300 Nintendo Points, I'd love to hear them.

Better yet, pick a WiiWare or Virtual Console game, send me the cost of the game by Paypal, and I'll send you the game through the Wii Shop. :)

EDIT: And yes, it's a slow day at work.

Back