Recommended Chrome extensions

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Post your favorite Chrome extensions here.

My favorites so far? Adblock Plus (I've found AdBlock to be far less effective for the sites I use regularly) and Swap My Cookies.

I haven't found viable replacements for NoScript or FlashGot, two of my favorite Firefox add-ons, yet. The lack of a proper download manager (that DOESN'T ask for complete access to my system like the Downloaders extension does) is especially troublesome since I often download large files (i.e. I'm a sucker for indie game bundles). I purchased GetRight several years ago and it hasn't seen much use since I switched from FF to Chrome. I still <3 GetRight for large downloads.

Google Voice - Great extension if you use Google voice. You can send a text message from the browser pretty easily.

Adblock Plus - Nuff said

Google Chrome to Phone - Send pages to your phone browser (Android)

Instachrome - Save to Instapaper

Tweetdeck

Amazon Wish List

I second TweetDeck. I use it all the time. If you are web developer, you may find the XPath Helper extension useful.

Tek7;450669 replacements for NoScript or FlashGot said:
A web browser is not designed for downloading in the way you describe: jDownloader

NoScript
chromium: ScriptNo

there are two related adBLOCK extensions for chromium:
AdBlock Plus (wladimir) :: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...eta/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=en-US
AdBlock :: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en-US

The latter has a context menu for URL blocking or CSS removal.

_WARNING_ "simple adblock" is MALWARE -- availble to both mozilla builds and chromium builds.

If you are hardcore adblocking find some XPath and CSS tools for chromium. Additionally consider blocking upstream of the browser; start with a loopback proxy. Work towards becoming PFsense proficient.

see also: FireBug, TamperMoney,

As you did not specify an OS I'll assume you endure the masochism of windows. A powerful windows downloading/spidering tool is Offline Explorer. The more you are willing to invest the more amazing powers you will have available.

http://www.metaproducts.com/OEPR.html

see also:
bing.com/search?q=windows+site+spidering
google.com/search?q=windows+site+spidering

Browser speed is contingent on a malware free workstation. Please visit BleepingComputer.com for advice/instructions on assuring a thorough cleaning. If you jump ship to linux please gain mastery of AppArmor.

youmail.com would have allowed a much less circuitous signup for charitably posting a reply to the OP.

If you are a one tab wonder surfer you need not notice this section. For multiple tabs in chromium search the extensions marked for either "ram" or "idle" and choose as suits you best. For mozilla the search term is "suspend".

HTH

In God we trust. Please don't vote away our Republic this november!

----
Forums which block disposable email addresses are almost exclusively bent on spamming users or selling signup information to those who would.

Back