RE: Banned from LOTRO for hate speech (John 14:6)

jadonc

This is not a simple issue of being banned from a "free game", I paid $199+ other costs for my lifetime subscription. I am also way past the time frame for doing a charge back on my Credit Card. Yes, I am now unbanned, but the point still stands. I don't want to play this game that treats people this way. Call me liar if you want, bearing false witness.

You guys blocked my post about being banned from LOTRO and a few of you implied that I was a liar. This is all the information that I have which was contained in an email. Their customer service department keeps telling me to use their web site form for "in-game" support. I have not received any reply from their company after using their form twice. I have called their customer service number and just get the run-around telling me to use their online form again. Below is the only information that I have, I don't know how I would grab a screenshot when all I saw was a black logged out screen. There was no warning.

"Your The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar account has been suspended as a result of a confirmed Player Code of Conduct violation.

This suspension is for 3 days .

Specifically, a Game Master determined that you used hate speech in chat within the game world.

You can find more information regarding the associated policy at the following URL: http://www.lotro.com/support/coc
Our ultimate goal is to provide an appropriately safe, fun, and engaging experience for our entire player community. To that end, the Player Code of Conduct must be enforced.

If you have any information that you feel would alter the decision made in this action, please visit http://turbine.com/support, and follow the links to the In-Game Support help page to submit your appeal. Note that all account actions are taken only after a significant amount of research and verification is performed to ensure proper Code of Conduct enforcement. In addition, if you have received a temporary suspension, it will expire automatically - you do not need to contact us to have a temporary suspension removed at its conclusion.

Turbine In-Game Support Team"

Original Post: http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?p=403245#post403245

We asked several questions in the original thread to which you didn't respond leading us to believe you were a spammer.

If you respond to questions and there is a dialogue here then that probably won't happen again.

As Lloren pointed out...lack of response and similar threads elsewhere led people to suspect you were a spammer. It's nothing against you personally, we don't know you yet. Plus, there are trolls aplenty that work their way over here.

I will also add that I have personally known of someone else who had a similar problem a few years ago, though she is very outspoken about God, so no idea what the context of that was. :)

EDIT: Suggested merging with other thread, but reading through that last one, probably best if we just talk here, haha.

Last edited:
Sorry about a late response. Been dealing with some real life issues lately. I don't think anything can really be done about this issue. As I have no other proof than an email, it's my word Vs the GM who banned me. My choice is to continue to play or not and after that incident I just don't want to be apart of LOTRO anymore. On the upside, I will be planning for SWTOR next year. Glad to be a part of the forums, maybe I will game with some of the folks on here in the future.

I also see that in my Profile, Edit Options, there is an option for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" was set to "do not subscribe". I changed that just now and so it should email me responses.

We should boycott Turbine for persecuting Christians like jadonc thusly.

Remember what Jesus said? Matthew 5:11 I think it was. Something like "When men cast insults against you and revile you and say all kinds of evil against you because of me, grind them into the dust under your boot heels."

Mhm.

We should boycott Turbine for persecuting Christians like jadonc thusly.

Remember what Jesus said? Matthew 5:11 I think it was. Something like "When men cast insults against you and revile you and say all kinds of evil against you because of me, grind them into the dust under your boot heels."

Mhm.

I see that you are using sarcasm against me and mocking scripture.

I do think that people should consider where they spend their money.

I hardly think he was mocking scripture. He was using sarcasm though. Just because one GM bans you doesn't mean you shouldn't play the game. That's like quitting your job just because one person insults you at work.....

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. "

I hardly think he was mocking scripture. He was using sarcasm though. Just because one GM bans you doesn't mean you shouldn't play the game. That's like quitting your job just because one person insults you at work.....

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. "

I can't share the Gospel with people "in-game" anymore. That night I got banned I had a very good conversation with someone. I do see your point though. I used to work for the cable company that was trying make us promote homosexual programming, I stood up, said why I could not promote that and walked out of the training class. Thankfully my supervisor was understanding.

I see... well, I originally was attempting to say that Jesus tells us to rejoice when we're persecuted for standing up for Him, instead of boycotting and protesting and raging against the machine.

But then my whole post turned into a sarcasm-laced mockery of scripture and all that is good and right and pure.

Woe.

Much gets lost in text. I read Lazarus' post as indicating that you, Jadonc, were the one being persecuted...not the one persecuting others by your actions in LOTRO. He was giving you a scripture for encouragement.

Last edited:
Don't mind Lazarus; he's our resident sarcasm.

As far as I know, LOTRO's official stance is that any religion is just fine; the only thing that is disallowed is expressing hate towards a particular religion. So, the GM might be the one who needs banned.

That said, good luck - with a ton of customers I doubt you'll get anymore service. I'd just recommend you are persistent and kind in your dealings with support...that could get you somewhere!

Back