RAGE!!!

Pianoforte

So, I dig a little more digging about that company I interviewed with yesterday. I was a little thrown off by how small, bland, and undecorated the office was and even more so by the fact that I didn't see a single employee there at the office who could possibly be more than just a few years older than I.

Turns out the job is just a big scam run by some guy who does similar scams in multiple states across the country under different business titles. When you start typing BSI Consulting or Black Sea International into Google, the suggested searches are "scam" "ripoff" "lie" etc.

Went to lots of different sites to check out reviews and stuff and every story sounded exactly like mine. E-mailed overnight about the resume, same questions at the interviews, same promises, same everything.

I ran across a couple of these while job searching after college. I am usually fairly perceptive, and I think I was able to pick out most of the scams/pyramid schemes. The easiest one for me to tell was a lady that wanted to meet me at the mall where she was set up to discuss the job. It felt more like she was trying to sell the job to me, rather than me interviewing for a job. That, and she wanted $150 for starting costs.

Fail.

Sorry to hear about the scam. It sucks to get your hopes up only to find out it wasn't a valid opportunity. I've been there man. I'm praying for you!

That reminds me of something similar that happened to me while I was still in college working at a tech support help desk before the .com bubble. Out of the blue I got a call for a "job" offer. The first clue things were not on the level was he wanted to meet me for an interview at McDonalds. Thankfully before the interview, one of my co-workers told me about his interview. Come to find out, one of our other co-workers had sold our help desk's employee contact information to some pyramid .com scheme and I was able to cancel my "interview".

Weird, I wonder what kind of work the employees were doing in the office? Yeah, sounds a bit shady, but at least a few guys have a job. :eek:

On a different note, I just re-installed my WoW. I have a bit more free time in the summer, so I plan to play a bit. :)

Weird, I wonder what kind of work the employees were doing in the office? Yeah, sounds a bit shady, but at least a few guys have a job. :eek:

On a different note, I just re-installed my WoW. I have a bit more free time in the summer, so I plan to play a bit. :)

I mean, the company does technically do business. It's just nothing like the business they advertise themselves as doing. They sell AT&T products door to door.

I have been involved with a lot of different online businesses, and i can tell you, that if you know how and where to market products, or websites, your GOLDEN. You can make
a lot of money online these days, and if you stick to Direct Marketing, or Affiliate marketing, then you will be fine. Dont get involved with Chain letters, pyramids, or reading
emails for cash,, those are true scams.. Stick to those i mentioned above, and youll be
legit. If you know anything about SEO youll be way ahead of about 90% of marketers out there. I have done direct marketing , and now am really enjoying Affiliate marketing,
because It allows me to work when i want to, for as long as i want to, and pick different niches to market that i think are unique and interesting to me.. its a ton of fun.

Last edited:
I have been involved with a lot of different online businesses, and i can tell you, that if you know how and where to market products, or websites, your GOLDEN. You can make
a lot of money online these days, and if you stick to Direct Marketing, or Affiliate marketing, then you will be fine. Dont get involved with Chain letters, pyramids, or reading
emails for cash,, those are true scams.. Stick to those i mentioned above, and youll be
legit. If you know anything about SEO youll be way ahead of about 90% of marketers out there. I have done direct marketing , and now am really enjoying Affiliate marketing,
because It allows me to work when i want to, for as long as i want to, and pick different niches to market that i think are unique and interesting to me.. its a ton of fun.

That's all well and good, but I hate sales, marketing, "business," etc. It's just not something I want to get involved in at all.

I made a great living doing sales in surgery for years - but I think it was because I was interested in providing the best possible for the patient. I have thought about doing some online retailing, but really do not have a clue about even where to start...

"sales in surgery"? aren't they pretty sold on the product when they come through the door? :)

lol! Major thing: You have the surgeon's trust and that comes through a working relationship. First time with a surgeon, only the product he asked and prepared for. Once he has confidence you will not steer him wrong - which takes quite a few days together - you can suggest a new technique or are often asked for a differing technique when something arises that was not anticipated. Most of my business focused on arthroscopic surgery: instrumentation and the repair of ligaments and tendons. If a surgeon has confidence in your product line and in you, he can handle the unexpected which occasionally occurs. Diagnostic tests such as MRI's and CT's are sometimes fooled or rather fool those reading them when it comes to joints. A tear of a tendon or ligament may look like just a usual fold etc. until you actually get a look at it. I was interested in getting the best for the patient so I was prepared for that kind of thing. And yes - I had to know the anatomy and procedure well enough to talk a surgeon through that procedure. Having to do that without any preparation on the surgeon's part was extremely rare, but surprises happen. Not to brag, but I have had a few surgeons say that having me there was like having another trained surgeon in the room. I took that business seriously, studied it, was totally honest and did pretty good as long as my health would allow. In any sales, that is basic. As the Boy Scouts say, "Be prepared!" Sometimes it meant saying, "No. You cannot use my product here." I was not in the "life and death" area of surgery sales, but I took it no less important. Naturally, not all sales personnel are Christians, but those who follow Biblical principles in their business will be successful. After all, the Bible is the handbook for life and living!

Back