Questions about Tribe of Judah staff positions

I might be interested in the Graphic Designer section...I'll have a good bit of free time coming up soon...plus some non-freelance experience would help greatly. What programs do I need?

I might be interested in the Graphic Designer section...I'll have a good bit of free time coming up soon...plus some non-freelance experience would help greatly. What programs do I need?
Whatever it takes to make solid graphics. :)

I know most people can't afford Photoshop (I know I can't), so I'd recommend freeware programs like GIMP. It carries a higher learning curve, but you can't beat the price (i.e. free).

Re: Seeking Volunteer...

We are currently looking for people to help develop the main Tribe of Judah website. This site is programmed mainly in PHP and SQL. If you know how to program PHP then you can be a great help to us.

Short Term: We have a few critical fixes that need to be made. This would involve getting into the existing code and modifying it. Alternatively...

Long Term: We are considering rebuilding the ToJ site from scratch, possibly using a content management system (CMS). If you have the skill and time to put into this then please let us know.

I'm not a coder, but I have several years experience in web-based application QA as well as CMS based web design. For the short term stuff, I'd be happy to test any fixes on multiple platforms. If you decide to go with a CMS, I can pitch in there. I've used Joomla & WordPress mostly, but I've used SMF also and I'm sure I could pick up which ever you guys chose to go with.

Thanks for the response.. I will let you know whats happening with it all when i can sort out my emails :)

Not sure if you still need help, but I'm an experienced web developer and can do PHP (along with whatever other language might be thrown in there...ColdFusion, ASP, ASP.Net), along with whatever type of database might be used. If you're going to a CMS, I've implemented several different CMS systems from variants of the "Nuke" systems to most recently ModX. Right now I'm working on a flash project with a nasty deadline, but that also means it will be over soon. Let me know if/when you need help.

Last edited:
/bump

I wanted to remind members that we're still looking to fill several open staff positions.

I'd especially like to fill the Lead Recruiter position before Monday, Dec. 1.

/bump

If you're interested in helping out, please check out Tribe of Judah's Help Wanted thread.

We're still looking to fill several staff positions, so if you're a member with even a little bit of free time, please check out the listings and consider signing up for a staff position.

Last edited:
Tribe of Judah staff is looking at putting together a new ToJ web site and we're in serious need of a Web Team Development Manager:
Manage and update the main Tribe of Judah website. Be skilled in website coding and associated programs. Organize a web team to maintain the main site and the chapter individual websites. Liase with ToJ President to progress the website forward. Attend Tribe of Judah staff meetings.
We're looking at a few different CMS (content management systems), so we're not looking for someone to develop a new site from scratch.

If you're interested, send a PM to Elihu and copy me on it.

The same goes for other staff positions. See the Help Wanted thread for more info.

Do we still have active members in the Starcraft chapter? Have we ever had to "close" a chapter due to inactivity or lack of leadership? That would be rather sad indeed. ;_;

Do we still have active members in the Starcraft chapter? Have we ever had to "close" a chapter due to inactivity or lack of leadership? That would be rather sad indeed. ;_;
We have a few people who will still play StarCraft if invited and their schedule allows. (I'm one of those people.) But our StarCraft chapter has been without a leader for quite some time now. I'm confident that will change after Blizzard releases StarCraft II.

And during Tribe of Judah's history, we've closed several chapters for inactivity. It's just part of the cycle of gaming. Game comes out, game is popular, player base decreases, new and shinier game comes out, players move to new and shinier game.

But it usually turns out that we open at least one chapter for every one that closes. It's the circle of (gaming) life.

I remember for a while Counter Strike and CS:Source was almost our largest chapter and now it's no more....

I remember for a while Counter Strike and CS:Source was almost our largest chapter and now it's no more....
For a while, Counter-Strike was our largest chapter, but those days are long gone. Several CS 1.6 players moved on to World of Warcraft. Some of those WoW players picked up Team Fortress 2 when it came out.

It's been over a year since the help wanted thread has been updated. Is the a current list of open staff positions somewhere?

I'm a relatively new guy, but I'd like to get more involved here. I have a rather varied skill set and can quickly adapt to just about any situation. I'm just trying to figure out where, if anywhere, I'd be of best use.

A current list of holes to fill would be awesome.

Unrelated to the topic at hand: I love your signature. Bunny will yet rule the world. lol

Related to the topic at hand: I have an AAS in software development. I've worked as a server admin for a community college, a PHP/MySQL developer for a megachurch, and a design consultant for some friends getting into the field. I have an eye for visual arts, but I have no skill with a pen, limiting greatly my ability to create.

I was on track for a minor in English to go with my Bible major, but I jumped ship to pursue music instead. Nevertheless, I've always been told I have a way with words and can adapt my style to suit the expected norm. I'm not sure if that's particularly useful, but I thought I'd bring it up.

I'm good at raving about things I believe in. For example, I've hyped games to friends, friends who previously hated said games, and caused them to want to pick it up again. Again, I don't know how exactly this would be helpful, but it's something I can offer.

For some reason, I tend to be a leader in many circumstances. I don't know if it's a result of charisma or simply the fact that I get things done and can... y'know... make and execute decisions. When my responsibilities require it, I can log and report things in detail and in a timely manner.

Finally, I'm a believer in communicating as much as necessary to keep things going.

That's a summary of my skill set so far as it pertains to offering help here. I may have other useful skills, but these seem the relevant ones.

...I do have a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

>.>

I also quote movies and music.

It's been over a year since the help wanted thread has been updated. Is the a current list of open staff positions somewhere?
This thread is current.

I just made a few minor updates and it's still fresh. Some staff positions take longer than others to fill.

This thread is current.

I just made a few minor updates and it's still fresh. Some staff positions take longer than others to fill.
Sweet. I'll go back over the list and see where I think I can be most useful.

And... I shouldn't have said "last updated." I forgot that edits do not get reflected in the post thing date. The last update could have been a week ago for all I know. Oops. Sorry.

Back