Questions about donating to Tribe of Judah

SirThom

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This thread was split from the "Why I want our servers back online" thread.

Good post! I do have a question, though.

You said that ToJ can only accept PayPal right now -- why don't you open up money orders? If you don't want them sent straight to you, you could open up a PO box, or have them sent to another big staff member and then transfer funds to you. I know that some people aren't happy with PayPal, so I thought it'd be a good alternative. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
SirThom said:
why don't you open up money orders?
The bank account I use for Tribe of Judah expenses is held at a bank that has no local branch offices. This means that I could only deposit money orders when I visit Tulsa (which is infrequent). It's possible another staff member could deposit the money and then send it via Paypal, but that adds more complication to a very sensitive manner (money). I wouldn't refuse to take donations by money order, but I would strongly prefer donations by Paypal at this time.

Tek7 said:
The bank account I use for Tribe of Judah expenses is held at a bank that has no local branch offices. This means that I could only deposit money orders when I visit Tulsa (which is infrequent). It's possible another staff member could deposit the money and then send it via Paypal, but that adds more complication to a very sensitive manner (money). I wouldn't refuse to take donations by money order, but I would strongly prefer donations by Paypal at this time.

Wait, would that be the bank I live within walking distance of?

Actually I think it would be possible for me to send in money order... i could ask my mom to put one in whenever we go to the post office. my dad doens't want me to donate thorugh paypal... : O

However, I checked my money, and it seems alot of my 20's have mysteriously disappeared. I will have to checkup on that... lol.

P.S. I love my new sig. LOL

Stupid question but how does donations work.
Is Toj registered as a charitable org, or do u pay taxes. Or is the money just not declared.

Gandhi said:
Stupid question but how does donations work.
Visit the Support ToJ page on the ToJ web site for instructions.

Gandhi said:
Is Toj registered as a charitable org, or do u pay taxes.
Tribe of Judah has not yet been established as a non-profit organization. There has been talk of creating a NPO in the last few years, but such efforts are on hold until I feel that we have the right number and selection of staff members to manage the many tasks that accompany starting and maintaining a NPO. Running a NPO also requires setup and yearly fees.

Donations to Tribe of Judah are not tax deductible.

Back