Question

Xymnas

Trieb of Judah Starcraft Series Chapter Co-leader
How do you stop mmm or mass marines with meds when your Zerg. I went with infestors for the corrupting ground thing and corrupters for the mess but I still seem to lose. Any help would be great

I suggest try mutas and banes. That's a popular zerg counter against terran. The problem is that it requires you to have good control.

Pick off the medivacs with mutas, and launch the banelings at the marines. Don't use mutas on the marauders if you can avoid it.

And, have at least 1-2 bases more than terran, even if that means building a hatchery in your main/natural.

edit: I meant to say don't use banelings on the marauders.

Last edited:
hmm never though of doing banes. I'll make sure to do that next time. I've been pretty much just playing random or protoss. I know protoss really well and what counters what but i wasnt sure about zerg. So yah, thanks for the help there

Zerg is harder to play than Protoss or Terran. Period.

But Zerg can also be rewarding to play. It just takes commitment to learning counters. (Unfortunately, my gaming time is limited and I've been playing Protoss more often than Zerg in team games as I feel my Protoss game is more helpful to my allies.)

Bowser had some great suggestions. Remember also that roaches received a much-needed buff in a recent patch, so I'd recommend trying to learn their pros and cons as well.

I think it's ridiculous that massing any race's tier 1 unit can be an I Win button in mid-game or later, but Blizzard doesn't seem interested in remedying that any time soon.

Yeah, definatly banes and lings, medivacs aren't much of a threat but its really good idea to use muta's when u go for that build. U also need alot of banelings don't stop at like 5-10 you ideally u should have 20+ with about the same number of lings. For baneling micro, what you want to do, is normal move through the troops, not attack move, that way they don't target marauders. Plus any that die before they reach their objective still deal the splash damage.

Remember to always keep your muta's mobile, and to watch out for thors. In the opponents base target any add-ons since they die quickly and cut down on terrans production. Also just target whatever you can before they defend. NEVER engage an army of marines with just muta's. Its not cost effective/

Back