question re: WoW

There was a question on garrison attacks and what the devs said that there was no plan of that happing at this time of the expansion. Also some more great news for players that want to by pass all the content and start on WoD, theres a new feature with this expansion call "Level Boost" basically if you buy the expansion you can pick a toon you already have or make a new toon and boost them up to Level90 so you can start playing the new content.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2BuFr_BTWg
Ooooooooooh...

Really, you guys need to stop typing right now. The last thing I need are two more MMOs to distract me from EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
Really, you guys need to stop typing right now. The last thing I need are two more MMOs to distract me from EVERYTHING.

lol i know right? i don't have enough time to play SWToR as it is... but the garrison (which i haven't read up much on) sounds very interesting. basically player housing of some sort from what little i have read. i REALLY REALLY REALLY hope BW is planning on something like that for SWToR, and soon-ish

I remember when they added player housing to Aion. It was pretty expensive. I stopped playing Aion, though, for other reasons.

EQ Next, however, looks really interesting! I queued up for it as well.

Ha ha. I know.

I just resubbed and started playing with my buddy on Echo Isles again on my reroll alliance toon. I still have a sub for this month on SWTOR, so I may be playing both for a bit.

lol i know right? i don't have enough time to play SWToR as it is... but the garrison (which i haven't read up much on) sounds very interesting. basically player housing of some sort from what little i have read. i REALLY REALLY REALLY hope BW is planning on something like that for SWToR, and soon-ish

IMHO it looks like more than just player housing, but a player outpost (think keep/castle) including followers.

I remember when they added player housing to Aion. It was pretty expensive. I stopped playing Aion, though, for other reasons.

EQ Next, however, looks really interesting! I queued up for it as well.

ShadowBane has player housing. I actually traveled halfway across the continent to get an elvish designed house. Never got to place it though because the guild imploded and I gave up on the game.

Oh, and I reclaimed my SOE account and cued up for the beta too.

i'll probably end up just playing WoW to obsess over the garrison thing... i don't like the PvP in it's current state in WoW. honestly some of the decisions they're making seem like they are desperately trying to get avid PvE'rs more into PvP by buffing the gear (or more like nerfing the PvP gear). i'm of the thought process of it either needs to be almost like 2 separate games, 2 separate processes to gear up and advance, etc.. or they need to just totally combine the gear all together. i know... they need to introduce adaptive gear like swtor lol. and just let people swap mods, etc. and tbh, most avid PvE'rs don't really care about PvP, and vice versa. WoW has always been a gear grind in some way or the other. and people with hybrids have always had to have multiple sets of gear. i don't know why it's such a big deal having a set(s) of gear for PvE and PvP. especially with the equipment manager, etc.

ok, /rant off

lol :D

In the latest 5.4.2 PTR build, we are testing the new ability to mail account-bound items to other characters on your account that may be on different servers. Notably, this should allow you to move heirlooms between servers, in advance of our planned Warlords changes that will make them fully account-wide.

Sending this sort of mail should work like any cross-server communication: You send the item to "Playername-Servername" and it should otherwise work like regular mail. Note that you can only send account-bound items, and not other items or gold.

Example: I have a character, Thrall, on the Benedictus server. I want to send my heirloom mace to my alt, Durotan, on the Lycanthoth server. I'd log in as Thrall, and attach the mace to a mail addressed to "Durotan-Lycanthoth" and hit send.

This is on PTR right now testing 5.4.2

Ok, now you've done it. I got on battle.net, got the authenticator removed from my account (it was on an old iPod which doesn't hold a charge any longer) changed my password and got into my WoW account. I have up to the Cataclism expansion registered, but my account is frozen. I also found that my toons are a little higher than I thought. I have a 66 dark elf ranger hunter and a 63 Draeni death knight both on silverhand. I thought I had read that it was F2P up to level twenty-something? Am I locked out because of my 66? I can't afford to resub right now, so if I make a comeback it would have to be a lowbe (F2P) or I will wait till the expansion comes out, boost to 90 so I can ignore the Happy Panda nonsense.

I tried to log into mine. I haven't been in WoW for four years or so. I got a message saying my account is locked due to "suspicious activity." The message says
"Due to suspicious activity, this account has been locked. A message has been sent to this account’s email address containing details on how to resolve this issue. Visit https://us.battle.net/account/locked.html for more information."
Anyway, I finally found a message from battle.net from August of last year and went through the password reset process. It kept rejecting me because I couldn't remember if I used Mike or Michael and whether I used my last name or not. I'm still debating whether I want to re-download the game, though.

Yeah if either of you has not subbed up yet, you can get a Scroll of Resurrection from any sub. It gets them a mount and gets you some free play time with the latest xpac, plus you get a free boost to 80 and server/faction transfer for one toon.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/shop/scroll-of-resurrection/

I think the server/faction transfer will take you to the realm/faction of the sender, so you likely want to get one from the guild you are keen on joining up with.

I read up on the scroll of resurrection. I have a buddy at church who offered me one some time back, but I don't know what server he's on. I will have to give that consideration, but again I don't expect to do anything until the next xpac anyhow.

i'll probably end up just playing WoW to obsess over the garrison thing... i don't like the PvP in it's current state in WoW. honestly some of the decisions they're making seem like they are desperately trying to get avid PvE'rs more into PvP by buffing the gear (or more like nerfing the PvP gear). i'm of the thought process of it either needs to be almost like 2 separate games, 2 separate processes to gear up and advance, etc.. or they need to just totally combine the gear all together. i know... they need to introduce adaptive gear like swtor lol. and just let people swap mods, etc. and tbh, most avid PvE'rs don't really care about PvP, and vice versa. WoW has always been a gear grind in some way or the other. and people with hybrids have always had to have multiple sets of gear. i don't know why it's such a big deal having a set(s) of gear for PvE and PvP. especially with the equipment manager, etc.

ok, /rant off

lol :D

They've started on the right path with the announcement for WoD, but at the end of the day, they need to just do away with gear specialization and different gear for PvP/PvE. The end game of WoW is just too grindy and a lot of it is around gear.

Back