PvP tonight, E-drain/Mind Blast Mesmer Build, Friday 2/9 10 pm EST in SoE Hall

PvP Sign-up

• I may or may not be coming.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dorkelf

I will be leading PvP tonight and if there is no objection I'd like to work on an e-drain concept using Mind Blast/edrain mesmers. The idea will be to energy-drain opposing healers while a thumper distracts and knocks them down, then coordinate on Mind Blast spiking one enemy target at a time. Mind Blasting will not only spike the target but regenerate energy for the Mesmers.

For this build we'll probably want:

3 Mind Blast mesmers with e-drain skills
A bunny thumper with QZ
2 ritualists spirit spammers. Both will be Rt/Mo with reversal of fortune. Between them they'll bring every healing and regeneration spirit in the book.

Quickening Zephyr will be a very important component to this build. It will hurt the enemy far more than us, particularly when they're edrained.

Here is a tentative build for tonight's Mesmers:

Domination Magic 10, Fire Magic 9, Inspiration Magic 7, leftover in Fast Casting (minor Dom, Ins and FC)
Max-energy armor, 2 weapon sets: dual +15/-1 set and a domination magic cast/recharge set

Skill Bar: Energy Burn, Shame, Guilt, Leech Sig, Mind Blast, Ether Feast, Glyph of Lesser Energy, Res Signet

General Strategy: This mesmer does three main things: E-drain, Interrupt (Signet, Shame, Guilt) and unrelenting Spike damage. The general strategy is for the three mesmers to coordinate on a spellcaster target (monk to start with), start with E-burn, followed by unrelenting mind blasts (which will build energy back up to max for the mesmers). Guilt or Shame (whichever fits the bill) should be kept on the target while being spiked and spread around to other targets as well.

Last edited:
I should actually be able to make it this time, but I know I'll be late. I should be on closer to 10pm CST, and I'll try to put together one of those Mesmers. I think I need one or two of the skills, but I've got some Faction burning a hole in my leggings, so I should be good to go. See you then!

-Chadley

As yes, I'd forgotten that! Well, we could add another mesmer and a thumper to the build, but with all the people who will be late I'm not sure we're going to be able to put a group together at all until later. Guess we'll see! :)

Paul

Like I've said countless times, Monk is on...

Oh, wait they changed the time it's on to 9! WEEE!!!

Ah. Psych is on. Oh well.

Like I've said countless times, Monk is on...

Oh, wait they changed the time it's on to 9! WEEE!!!

Ah. Psych is on. Oh well.
Get your bedtime changed, so you can watch it when they replay it three hours later. :) That's what I do. :D

Tell your mom it's for a good cause, really!

Back