James leaves
@nd$ falls off the planet
Michael+ is never heard from again
Killerah, Shagz, and I tread onwards for a few months
Schedules grow increasingly tight and new games get released
The stupid email challenge notification system on TWL breaks
We get a few forfeit losses
We beat Sight 9 in our biggest moment of glory
We get a gazillion more forfeit losses due to schedule conflicts and forgetting to check the site
Tek7 starts to play more but only plays ONS
We drop with a 5-8 record
I start competing on LOB's Team Arena Master team and playing World of Warcraft
Killerah starts playing more Battlefield 2 and Counter Strike Source
Shagz starts playing Guild Wars
Pubbing nights start and we start to see an influx of casual memberships but none are interested in competition (and none of them ever post on the dang forums!)
Quake 4 sees release and I begin to divide my time between UT, Q4, and WoW

Last edited:
I'm still here James. just barely, I've been very busy putting 12 windows and 1 french door in my mothers house. Then my mrs. and I have been remodeling our home. I've been building a movie projector which is now finished but has a few bugs to iron out. My 19 inch crt blew up last night or I would have made it. I am now on my 7ft X 8ft big screen projector built with my lcd from my computer. This thing is awesome. I am running my computer with it right now. Unreal Tournament is truly Unreal right now. a 7ft tank is an awesome sight. Fixing to go offline right now because my dial up is running through my regular home phone. I ordered another monitor for my computer.
I'll see if I can get a picture of UT for everyone to see. later, CS

Sounds like an awesome sight.... And if you have any spare flat-panel LCD's I'd be willing to take them off your hands. :D

kraniac said:
What he said!

What they BOTH said!!!!

You've been talking about that little pet projector project for a few months now. Would love to see some pics of the final product.

Come on down. Y'all welcome here. Hey this projector is totally awesome. I knew it would work but it just floored me. I got a screen shot of a movie I'll post too. My camera didn't do it justice though. It's truly is amazing on how detailed the movies are. Look at the shark.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/ColdSteel777/ef383d87.jpg

that picture is the first one I took. It's the light break in period, therefore the green tint.
I'm uploading a picture now of an ungreen screen. post in a few.

here is a couple more. sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread., CS

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/ColdSteel777/a5743cd6.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/ColdSteel777/5154784b.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious... does a view that large make long-range sniping easier? If so, can you build me one? I'll pay real money. :p

Seriously though about those spare flat LCD's I'm in the market for one and if it's a decent deal I'll buy from you.

(p.s.) I saved the pics simply for the coolness factor of having them. :D

Changing your FOV will make sniping easier. I use 80 instead of 90.

It knocks out some of your peripheral vision though.

James said:
Just curious... does a view that large make long-range sniping easier? If so, can you build me one? I'll pay real money. :p

Seriously though about those spare flat LCD's I'm in the market for one and if it's a decent deal I'll buy from you.

(p.s.) I saved the pics simply for the coolness factor of having them. :D

Hey James I don't have any spare flat lcd's. Don't recall saying I had any. My crt blew up. The lcd I had been using I turned it into a projector. I purchased a used Dell 1702fp off of ebay, grade A refurbished, pristine condition, no dead pixels for 205.00 shipped. It has a 30 day doa, dead on arrival, guarantee. The projector lcd is exactly the same lcd monitor so I'll have a projector backup.
I have several places you can check for the best lcd prices if you're in the market for one. You should be able to find a dell monitor from dell by using stackable coupons found here. http://www.slickdeals.net search forums and hot deals. SD is the best to locate great video card deals too. Shoes, pants tables, every kind of deal coming and going.
I visit it everyday.
I'll check out the sniping view and see how I do and let you know.

Back