Proof that life did NOT come from a primordialsoup

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]For unbelievers wanting tangible evidential proof, this concerns me, for you see, that will come with the antichrist.

I don't believe any of us here have said that tangible proof was what we were looking for. Once again, I have said LOGICAL, REASONABLE EVIDENCE.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Your sources also concern me.

Which sources are you referring to, and what problems do you have with them?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Was it not a sacrifice to leave His Heavenly throne? Was it not a sacrifice to be sin for us?

You always skip the bigger question. Why did God find it necessary to require a blood sacrifice of His son? He set the rules after all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You seem almost angry and full of hate by some of your accusations towards God. No one wants their integrity challenged. How much more would that be hurtful to someone that loves us with an everlasting love? How much more would it hurt someone who IS the truth?

I daresay you've mistaken exasperation for hate. If God is omnimax, wouldn't He have everlasting patience? Hmm, maybe not, since He ran out of patience with the world and tried to flood it, ran out of patience with Sodom and Gomorrah, ran out of patience with the Israelites. I guess God DOESN'T have any patience.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]My heart mourns for the unbeliever.

As mine mourns for the believer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Jan. 10 2005,7:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As I have already stated, there are many different types of faith. Faith in God is not synonymous with faith that your car will start in the morning. One is based off of experience, one is not.

What happens if ones faith in God is like that of the car will start in the morning...then what???

What happens if prayer after prayer gets answered...maybe not in the way you expected, but in a way you knew there was no coincedence to it. Maybe you knew the "no" from the "yes" from the "not yets" from the "this ways"? I have faith that my car will start...but I am no fool to think there will be no problems if the weather dropped to -30 overnight and I didn't plug my car in. I recognize the signs of whether or not my car will start, and sometimes I misinterprete the signs and my car starts in the morning when its -30 without being plugged in. My car hasn't started when it is 70 above. The same is true with prayer...you begin recognize the signs of the answer of a prayer and you begin to have faith in that. Sometimes, you miss a sign and end up with a no when things were pointing to a yes, or get a yes when things look down to a no.

I have faith in the existance of God because God works in my life and I see it happening. My faith is based on experience. It started with a shaky first step, which lead to a shaky second step and then to a third and a forth and so on.
Does God reveal Himself in the same way, to the same degree, to everyone?

yes. you must be the one to choose to go into the relationship. it's like looking inside a clear box. you have to go in, otherwise you cannot discern what is his voice and not. it's distorted. that's why the term "leap of faith". kind of. but there should be enuff proof the is here. so right now, this topic is at a deadlock... i mean the REAL topic...
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't believe any of us here have said that tangible proof was what we were looking for. Once again, I have said LOGICAL, REASONABLE EVIDENCE.
I pray that you will come to know Jesus and His saving power and the Love that He is. What would it take? You continue to say that He will need to come down and say hello. By His Word, we know that this will not happen. Therefore, I ask you, so that we here will know how to pray for you specifically. What will it take?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Which sources are you referring to, and what problems do you have with them?
A portion of your information and questions can be seen on many of the atheist sites. Some of the things I have read on these seem bitter and hateful toward God if not down right blasphemous. Why go to these sources for information, more especially if you want Him to show Himself to you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You always skip the bigger question. Why did God find it necessary to require a blood sacrifice of His son? He set the rules after all.
No sir, I explained. I do not have the answer. Perhaps the factor is akin to gravity, it just had to be that way; maybe it is a law that He is bound thereby. I choose to trust Him without the answer to that question. I know His ways are not my ways and those who want Him depicted as anything other than a God with perfect love for me, who is geared by His Love in all things, the things He does, and all that concerns us, is simply yet another lie of the deceiver.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I daresay you've mistaken exasperation for hate. If God is omnimax, wouldn't He have everlasting patience? Hmm, maybe not, since He ran out of patience with the world and tried to flood it, ran out of patience with Sodom and Gomorrah, ran out of patience with the Israelites. I guess God DOESN'T have any patience.
*sigh* Please. In each and every one of these instances the world was more corrupt than it is now! Patience? The ones saved were the only ones that gave Him a thought. There were only a handful of people that were not violent, wicked, there thoughts were only evil continually, trying to know angels ... who can imagine the extent of all sin at those times?...He IS Patience.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As mine mourns for the believer.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marcylene @ Jan. 10 2005,9:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I pray that you will come to know Jesus and His saving power and the Love that He is. What would it take? You continue to say that He will need to come down and say hello. By His Word, we know that this will not happen. Therefore, I ask you, so that we here will know how to pray for you specifically. What will it take?

I wish I knew. It seems that whatever I ask for someone turns it into me being arrogant and wanting God to succumb to my will. I'm not asking for something that He hasn't done before for other people.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A portion of your information and questions can be seen on many of the atheist sites. Some of the things I have read on these seem bitter and hateful toward God if not down right blasphemous. Why go to these sources for information, more especially if you want Him to show Himself to you?

I could say the same thing about Christian sites that condemn nonbelievers to ####. Keep in mind that it's hard to blaspheme against something you don't believe in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No sir, I explained. I do not have the answer. Perhaps the factor is akin to gravity, it just had to be that way; maybe it is a law that He is bound thereby. I choose to trust Him without the answer to that question. I know His ways are not my ways and those who want Him depicted as anything other than a God with perfect love for me, who is geared by His Love in all things, the things He does, and all that concerns us, is simply yet another lie of the deceiver.

Just because you don't have the answer doesn't mean you can't ponder the subject. Why do YOU think God requires blood to be spilled? Why does He rejoice in the smell of burning flesh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]*sigh* Please. In each and every one of these instances the world was more corrupt than it is now! Patience? The ones saved were the only ones that gave Him a thought. There were only a handful of people that were not violent, wicked, there thoughts were only evil continually, trying to know angels ... who can imagine the extent of all sin at those times?...He IS Patience.

That's funny, the majority of Christians I've spoken to believe the world is more corrupt NOW than then. Please tell me how you can say that God is patience when He was more than willing to wipe out the entirety of His creation? Sounds like someone goofed up to me.

God sounds more like an exasperated parent with too many kids running around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back