pre-searing question sorry been a while

Depends. If you are going for the title Legendary Defender of Ascalon (lvl 20 in Pre) then it may take awhile. If you are trying to leave as soon as possible it should take a few hours if you take your time.

When I had my LDoA character in Pre every now and again I'd need to ferry some stuff over to Post so I could cash in Charr Carvings for Candy Canes and whatnot. In those instances, I would create a new Pre character and rush him through Pre-Searing, usually taking just an hour or two.

So that's the low end of the scale, the high end is.. how old is GW? 6 years? Yea the high end is 6 years ;)

When I had my LDoA character in Pre every now and again I'd need to ferry some stuff over to Post so I could cash in Charr Carvings for Candy Canes and whatnot. In those instances, I would create a new Pre character and rush him through Pre-Searing, usually taking just an hour or two.

So that's the low end of the scale, the high end is.. how old is GW? 6 years? Yea the high end is 6 years ;)

Nice!! :)

If you are working a Survivor wannabe it can take a lot of patience because working it to level 11 without going North of the wall takes time. If you haven't done the quest Charr at the Gate yet, do that quest then drop it before taking the reward, then wash, rinse, repeat until the Charr give zero exp points. You don't even have to stomp the Charr yourself, let Prince Idiot do it. He and his crew will do it nicely, just stay out of the line of fire. Takes patience but if you wait on doing all quests until that returns 0 exp, then complete all other quests, you can leave Pre as an 11 without doing the Vanguard quests or going North of the Wall.

If you are working a Survivor wannabe it can take a lot of patience because working it to level 11 without going North of the wall takes time. If you haven't done the quest Charr at the Gate yet, do that quest then drop it before taking the reward, then wash, rinse, repeat until the Charr give zero exp points. You don't even have to stomp the Charr yourself, let Prince Idiot do it. He and his crew will do it nicely, just stay out of the line of fire. Takes patience but if you wait on doing all quests until that returns 0 exp, then complete all other quests, you can leave Pre as an 11 without doing the Vanguard quests or going North of the Wall.

Thanks, that is a great way to level...I will definitely check that one out. :) If I avoid the quests, Vanguard, and North of the Wall, do I get a special title?

Last edited:
Thanks, that is a great way to level...I will definitely check that one out. :) If I avoid the quests, Vanguard, and North of the Wall, do I get a special title?

Unfortunately no. Only LDoA or Survivor in Pre (not counting sweet tooth/party animal/drunkard that you can get during festival drops or account-wide titles like Kurzick/Luxon)

I have a perma-pre I am working to LDoA - at level 15 now. I have to ferry things through to the post. It takes less than an hour to get the new guy ready to come out.

If you are planning to take your character into post you should get to at least level seven - eight would be better. This article tells you what to do before leaving pre-searing.

Who is your character in pre? I can look for you.

Back