Prayer and Praise

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Earlier today I was out mowing a lawn when the clutch and brakes went out on the lawnmower I was riding. I started sliding backwards out of gear until I hit some trees and ended up toppling the mower and rolling it. I got my foot caught in the blades, and it ended up cutting a good piece of flesh to the bone, and I ended up breaking two toes and shattering one. I ask for prayer that I may not get any infections or illnesses because of that, and that my broken toe will heal soon.

My praise is really that so little happened. The lawnmower is a complete wreck, lol, but I basically got out of it with a nice slice to the toe, and just a few scratches. I didn't land on my back or anything, and there was actually very little bleeding while we drove to the hospital. It could have been a lot worse, but thankfully it wasn't and I'm sure God had a part in that. I'm also glad I hit those trees..because beyond that is a large drop off that leads into the river there, so I consider myself really lucky.

I don't like posting prayer requests or praise reports here, but I felt like I needed to this time because I'd hate to think I didn't need anyone's prayers when I obviously do.

Thanks for everything, and God bless guys.

Wow, that sounded like a close call. I am glad to hear there were only minor injuries. We will be praying for a speedy and complete recovery.

Gen

My dad went back to grab the tractor and he said it landed about a foot from the edge of the cliff...so, I was either being protected in a very major way, or it was mere coincidence. Either way, I'm very grateful I got off when I did. My dad also said that I broke just about every bolt on the mower.

Can I also ask for prayer for medical costs? I do not have any insurance on myself, and neither do my parents and I'll need some prayer to help pay for some of the costs.

Last edited:
I am glad you are okay for the most part...this falls into the miracle category! I will pray the same miracle for your medical costs and that you will be miraculously up and back to normal in no time flat!
I often wonder about the power of prayer. I think we are protected from many things without ever realizing it. That was a very close call! I shudder to think what the extent of injuries might have been.

Last edited:
We're praying for you Bud, and that God helps you thru the injuries and Medical bills. The Lord Jesus Christ is faithful, in Jesus name amen.

Take it easy

I'm not sure you have heard of this, but I'm hoping that someone else in this tribe has. Have you ever heard of the Christ-based medical/dental insurance? I am not sure how it helps with insurance needs but you may want to do a search about it. I believe it has something to do with people that get hurt and need help with medical bills...you pay them a small fee each month and they pay your medical bills...or something to that effect.

Can't remember exactly, does anyone else know? This may be an answer for you or help guide you in the right direction...I am hoping :)

Mythran

I will pray for you that you wont get an infection and I also praise the LORD that it didn't get any worse than what could have happened. I also pray that the healing process will be quick.

RED

I have a small update ready for you guys..

I went in to the orthopedic doctor to let him look at and clean the dressings on my foot this morning, and I found out some good and some possibly bad news. The good is that for the most part everything is healing fine; at least that's how it looked to me. I don't want to go into too much detail, but all that used to be the real nasty stuff is starting to look promising. The possibly bad news is that the doctor said he may need to remove one of my middle toes because the bone might be shattered too much, and may have damaged the blood vessels beyond repair.

I don't want to necessarily ask for too much prayer, but I do ask for a couple of additional things: 1) that my nurse is cute, young, and single 2) that everything can heal much faster than everyone expects it to and that I won't get any infections or sicknesses (I'm anxious to get back to working, jogging, biking, etc) 3) that all the medical costs can be provided for (and I'll look into that Christian insurance thing, but I fear that at least for this injury it may be too late) 4) no further injury will come to our crew, at least while I'm recovering and 5) prayer for all of my friends and their families, simply because I haven't spent much time thinking of them in the past week.

Oh! and I do have a few praise reports, as well. For one, for a strange reason I'm in an unusually really good mood (which I'm sure at least a part of that has to do with the medication - wow..that stuff will knock me out. The other part is really that I'm just so thankful/grateful that nothing worse happened). For two, I can actually talk to my friends about various issues and they actually listen to me now, namely because they have sympathy. So, that means I can tell them a little bit about the Bible and Jesus and all that groovy stuff that they usually don't like hearing about or listening to. And finally, I just heard today that I will still be able to work, which was great news to me for several reasons; one; I get to keep making money, two; I get to be a cripple outside of the house, rather than being a cripple inside the house which is far worse, and three; I get to be with my friends.

Thank you for all your prayers; they are appreciated, and I have and will be praying in return! God bless my friends,

-Bowser

ps: here's a picture of my friend mark and I in good spirits, enjoy! (there's nothing overly gross in the picture; just mark)

One
Two

Last edited:
I have a ton of praise updates!

I'm slowly breaking away from the reliability I had on the medicine and am learning to tolerate what little pain there is now much better. I'm still taking the anti-biotics on a regular basis, but I'm needing the narcotics (pain relievers) much less now. In fact, I basically only use them before I go out of the house (in case I bump it on something) and when I go to sleep.

I had what the doctors' called a "highly trained, best of the best" physician come and look at my foot today, and he redressed it with clean bandages.. He said that everything, as far as he could tell, was healing up just fine and that it's actually no where near as bad as he thought it might be. He didn't charge us anything for him to come look at it, and even gave us wraps, bandages, and lotions so that we could clean and redress it ourselves (instead of having to pay 200 bucks a day to have it done at a hospital/facility). The bruising is much lighter now, although it's still too early to say whether I can keep that middle toe or not (the tip of the bone is completely decimated - we're hoping for a full recovery, but realize that if the bone doesn't heal then they'll have to take at least a part of the toe off).

Sorry for all the gruesomeness, but it's awesome news to me, and I hope it is as well to all those who are praying for and thinking of me. Thank you for everything, and please continue praying for everyone in these forums!

God is so very good! He is rapidly answering our prayers! Considering you had a maniac lawnmower after you...you are looking none the worse for wear! :) Thank you for sharing the pics...I want to see the foot! :) You can mark the link with a gruesomeness warning!

Drum roll please!

Introducing the miracle foot!
By God's grace, it is not mincemeat. Nevertheless, these are graphic... bloody gauze and all!

http://www.geocities.com/hornetlee84msn/DSCF0008.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/hornetlee84msn/DSCF0009.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/hornetlee84msn/DSCF0010.jpg

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation. Psalm 91:11~16

...thou shalt tread upon lawnmowers... ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Marcy. I kinda apologize to everyone for the pictures, but I felt that in this case it would be appropriate to post them because of the seriousness and of miracle we feel that's taken place.

For one, my entire foot could have been severaly mangled, but it was just three toes, and most should be able to heal back to normal with time. One may require some work...but it's too early to tell.

If you'll notice on the third picture (for those of you who wish to look) you'll see two healthy cuts around the bone. Even though the blade did shave it, it didn't do much to the bone; imagine how much damage it could have done though if it hit the bone directly?

I'm just incredibly grateful for all of this and I'd feel like I was cheating God if I didn't post my praise and good news here. Thank you again for all of your prayers, I kinda feel like I'm in everyone's debt now :)

God bless,

-Bowser

It is all a miracle! Don't forget the answers to prayer about the medical bills. A top notch doctor examining you and not charging, nurses coming to your home for no charge? That does not happen in this lifetime without a miracle! ...and no pain to boot! That looks soooooooooooooo painful!
Thanks for letting me put them up!
God is good!

Last edited:
Those are the grossest, most graphic pics I have ever allowed myself to gaze upon! lol I can't believe you didn't even get a, "YUCK!" out of anyone!
Someone, please say, "YUCK!"

Yuck, I was a triage Sgt for 5 years, you are so blessed bud! I have known worst out comes. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ you are doing well!

More updates guys and thanks for your prayers everyone,

For the first time since the accident I went today and looked at where I had fallen down and where the lawn mower landed. Wow. I was so scared and in such fear, I just can't thank all my friends enough for praying for me and for God protecting me. I'll leave it at that because I really don't like thinking about it.

I'm still not in much pain, even without taking the pain-relievers, so that alone is a blessing in itself. The first few days there was a sign and concern for an infection, but as far as we can tell it is all gone now. The swelling from the broken bones is down, and the bruising is losing its coloration. Overall I still have a long way to go, but I am healing at a very surprising rate and both the nurse and I agree that I should be back on my feet soon without any problems (we're guessing another couple of weeks before I can fully walk on my own).

I think one of the coolest things about God being with us is Him giving us signs that He's there watching over what's going on. The day I was in the hospital I had gotten a lot of attention from the other doctors and nurses and even the police officers. It was kind of strange because I know this kind of thing doesn't happen all the time, but many people and staff of the hospital followed me to the room as they put me on the bed. They all arrived at the same time, and the room was packed with nurses, paramedics, and even the police officers, and they were all very calm and pleasant while asking questions about what had happened. Having so many gentle people there really comforted me and caused me to question why they had followed. Whether God lured them there or not I don't know (although I do have my guesses), but I sure did like seeing and talking with them for a few minutes.

Thanks again for your prayers; it sure it really cool seeing all of this coming together.

God bless, and be sure to bless back.

Hey everyone,

It's been almost five weeks since the accident and things are looking really good. Great, even! In fact, I think the bones have healed faster than the skin has, strange huh? I'm walking fully on my own now (and have been for about a week); I still wear an orthopedic shoe and am bandaged up, but other than that you can't tell that anything happened to me by the way I walk.

The bones are healing great and the toes are almost back to normal. There are still very apparant cuts of course, but they're making great healing progress. They're still a tad bit swollen, but the best of all news I think is that I'll be able to keep my middle toe (it wasn't looking good for a while, and we had a fear it was going dead - but it's looking good now, and is back to its colorful self).

Thank you for all your prayers; I have a lot of catching up to do!

Do you remember when we called DV's stray Bowserthemiraclesoulwinningwonderdog? I think you have him beat! It is a blessing and encouragment to hear that you are doing so well!
Run Bowser! Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:)

Back