Pray for my family

meleeman

I have 2 requests, but ones a good thing.

First pray for my Grandma, she's started losing her memory and we had to take away her car keys and have her bills and stuff delivered to other relatives. My grandpa died last December on the 27th which was around when it all began too.

The second is for my dad, my parents have been divorced for almost 10 years now, but tonight he asked me what I thought about him and his girlfriend (she's a great woman) getting married and I said I was cool with it. So just be in prayer that things will go smoothly :)

Thanks all

will do.

It's odd, but I had to go through the same thing with my grandparents. About a year after my grandmother died, my grandfather started having trouble. Alzheimer's and Dementia are hard things to deal with - especially if you are there to see it. It got to the point that my grandfather barely recognized his own children... and towards the end, forgot who he was, what he enjoyed doing... that was the worst. He had several ailments that should have killed him about a year before he finally passed away. However, because of stubborn family and modern medicine, they kept him "alive" (hard to say someone is alive if they don't remember anything about themselves).

As for your dad and his girlfriend, that's awesome! Stay close to them, remember her birthday... it'll mean the world to her. My step-mother was really saddened the first few years when I didn't call on her birthday because she took it to mean that I didn't approve of her (which couldn't be further from the truth)

Thanks

Thanks Durreck! Yeah, my grandfather had a LOT of things happen to him throughout his life as well, like he was struck by lightning...twice, had 3 heart attacks and 2 or 3 strokes, he was in WWII. Even with all that, he never lost his faith in God was one of the strongest Christians I knew. He always talked to me more like I was a man than the rest of my family, and he was awnry beyond your imagination. He told stories for days it seemed.

Back