Please Pray for me

wowAbdi

Hell Everyone.

As ya'll know I am new to TOJ. Im also new to christianity. I have accepted christ in my heart, and know that his way is the only way for salvation. However old habits die hard and I pray everynight that he helps me endure another day, while I change my habits and try to make new friends. Im searching for a church in the Lakeland Fl area, there's a baptist church not more then a mile from where I live that I'm going to see this weekend and I hope that it will not be as bad as the "Unitarian universalist" church a so-called friend took me too. Anyways If you all can, please pray for me as I change my lifestyle so that I can be a good christian. It's hard enough for me to make friends here since I don't know many people.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Matt / Abdi

My heart sings when someone comes to know Jesus! It sounds like you are on the right track. Be patient, we all start off as newborn babes.

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: I Peter 2:2

My prayers are with you. You will find a great group here that will befriend you as you grow in the LORD.

I looked up a couple of churches in your area that you may want to give a try.

http://www.calvaryonline.com/

Ardella Baptist Church, (863) 646-2473, 709 W Pipkin Rd, Lakeland, FL 33813

May God be with you and grow you mightily!

Singing:
It's a grand thing to be a Christian
It's the best thing I know
It's a grand thing to follow Jesus anywhere and everywhere we go
It's a grand thing to be a soldier
In His army here below
It's the grandest thing to be a Christian
It's the best thing I know!

I sincerly thank everyone praying for me, I can feel it. I was in church this morning and I felt the Lord compell me at the end of the service to go back up and I did. I appreciate you looking up the info for me Marcylne. I went to Cornerstone Baptist today and it's amazing how the everything there was in touch with how I felt. And I feel like I was really touched there, that I wasn't alone, that these people knew what I've been through, and how to get through it. I'll keep praying for the strenght to see every day as a christian day, because in our moments of weakness is when Satan gets to us. I really understand how true that is now, and now I know what & who to avoid.

THank you again everyone. I still need your prayers, but it's really helping me.

Abdi / Matt.

Thank you for sharing with us. I am thrilled you had a good day in church. Know that our prayers are with you. Many here do not post a response to requests, just know their prayers are with you.
I truly am excited for you and blessed by your earnestness. God bless you!

Young man seek the kindom of God with all your heart. Open up your mouth and sing praises to God. Just Praise Him openly by mouth. Cry out to Him in your private time. Just praise Him and thank Him for His Son who gave His life freely for our sins. If we confess our sins He is true and just to forgive us of our sins. I sin daily and I thank God for His Son and God's amazing grace.
Read the bible for yourself. Don't just take another man's opinion of what it says. Listen to what they tell you about the scripture but let God show you the truth of the word. The bible is fairly easy to understand if you let God guide you. Let the Holy Spirit show you the truth.
Being a young christian like you are you need to know how to put Satan in his place (under your feet). All things in life are directed by God. You must use Jesus's name to do battle over the enemy. You can't do it alone only Jesus can fight your battles for you againt the enemy. Rebuke the devil and he will flee. Rebuke him in Jesus's name for the devils know and they fear and tremble at the mention of the name Jesus. His name is above all names.
God bless, ColdSteel

Back