Planning for the game (PLEASE READ!)

Puddleyc

Alright guys, so as we get ever closer to the release of this game, we need to start laying down a foundation. We need to decide how big of a server to rent, who is willing to donate for a server, and then what settings we want to run on the server.

I'm thinking that honestly as it sits right now, we shouldn't need to start with anything bigger than a 32 slot server. It would be located in central NA as that would be optimal for everybody I think. That would run us $55. I have some funding from PMC members that are willing to donate to keep a server up. If anyone else would like to donate, message me and we can work something out.

For server settings, I really want to run Hardcore at least a few nights of the week. Of course we'll be ranked and have PB running. For map rotations, I'm good with any of them, especially until we have had time to play on them and weed out less popular ones.

We will be using the ToJ Teamspeak. Its address is cgalliance.org. As far as game nights go, I figure Saturday Nights or Wednesdays. As far as those nights go, I definitely encourage squads and grouping up. We can even have a little friendly rivalry, pitting ToJ against PMC.

So, in summation, these are just some rough ideas that I laid out and they are completely open to critiquing.

Thanks everybody for being involved and helping this get off the ground!

Puddleyc

PMC is a clan that I'm active in. It's a good group of guys who have played together for a while and we're all Christians. $55 will last us one month. Seems all servers are set up on a monthly renewal fee. Hardcore just removes ammo counters and makes people a little easier to kill. Basically adding more realism to the game. If you want, I can set up a meet and greet with PMC for you guys.

We will be using the ToJ Teamspeak. Its address is cgalliance.org.
For more information on the CGA TeamSpeak Server (where ToJ's TS channels are hosted), check out this thread.

Puddley: If you want any channels (e.g. Team 1, Team 2, Server Admins) added, send a PM to Joshinator, the CGA TeamSpeak Server Operator, and copy me on the PM.

As far as game nights go, I figure Saturday Nights or Wednesdays.
FYI Wednesdays are the Left 4 Dead Chapter's game nights. There may not be enough crossover between the two games for that to be a concern. Just wanted to let you know.

With ToJ game nights on most nights of the week already, there's bound to be some overlap sooner or later.

I will get that PM sent to Josh. I forgot all about L4D Wednesdays. I can re figure if you want me to man. I have no problem with that at all.

I will get that PM sent to Josh. I forgot all about L4D Wednesdays. I can re figure if you want me to man. I have no problem with that at all.
Plan your game nights for whatever works for your chapter members. There's bound to be multiple game nights on the same night eventually. I just wanted to let you know about Left 4 Wednesday in case any of the members planning to buy BF3 also play L4D2.

Back