Patch 2.1 is now out...

Xpictoc

Well I'm going to take a beak from swtor. Not to happy with how you need to have CC's to unlock or change the way a toon looks. I cancel out my account and will try out f2p and maybe just put in the monthly fee towards buying cc's and doing the unlocks that way. I'll logon and try it out in a few weeks. Just wanted to let you know why I will not be on. Im re-sub to wow and will give that a shot since they change the pvp gear around and now with s13 gear being out I can now get a pvp weapon. Take care!!

Aw, we're going to miss you. You've been a great guild member. Most games charge to change how your toon looks. In Aion, you had to buy it through their store (it used to cost $20!) then apply it to your account, then you could log in and make the change. I like the CC system better. At some point I'll be probably cancel my sub as well but wanted to make sure I could unlock all my toons so I can still access their crafting ability. I think people who have been subbing for a long time shouldn't have to buy all the unlocks for toons, crafting, etc.

By the way, for any Rift fans, Rift is going completely free to play on June 12.

I've been dividing my time between SWTOR and Neverwinter. NWO is in open beta and it's pretty good, but it doesn't have the story line of SWTOR. We'll miss ya, look forward to seeing you on FtP.

I wanted to check out the forums on swtor on the CM and wow there's a lot of people very upset at this. However reading on both sides on the matter I do understand the sub side that's what I was feeling on the toon charges couple of days ago, but seeing it on the other hand it wasn't a update to the game so much as it was to the CM. To be honest the toons looks I really don't care due to having a mask on and never seeing my face is no big deal. I think what kind of scares me is it looks like the game is going towards a "If you want to buy NEW content then you need to purchase it by buying unlocks" kind of like section X. My fear is the amount of dollars that will be spent vs a single monthly fee. I also see this in the collection where in wow if you get a epic mount or pet etc on one toon...then it will automatically give access to all toons for that item and the same with leveling gear. I guess Im use to the old system is what there calling it now and this is the new way how mmo games i guess are going.

I went and got all these unlocks so when I go to f2p i'll feel somewhat like im use to as a sub. I think this will work out great. My 2 toons will be xpictoc and xopr. If you want to see what I got heres a list of the unlocks.
01) Personal customization unify kit (color match)
02) Personal customization hide head kit (hide helmet)
03) Companion customization (color match)
04) Title and Legacy name unlock
05) Extra crew skill slot
06) Extra hot bar (4 for each toon) f2p gets 2
07) Artifact equipment authorization
08) Event equipment authorization
09) Extra 10 sale slots for GTN
10) Guild bank access
Since I have a security key chain I'll get 100 cc's a month for free and I can get the emergency fleet travel off the auth vendor. I paid about 500K credits to get all these unlocks for both toons and I didn't spend 1 cc lol. Im sure i'll miss something for a unlock if I do I'll let you know.

I paid about 500K credits to get all these unlocks for both toons and I didn't spend 1 cc lol. Im sure i'll miss something for a unlock if I do I'll let you know.
That doesn't sound too bad. I think I have around 3M credits between all my toons. How much does it cost to unlock extra toons? I think I've seen people sell the unlocks on the GTN but it's been a while.

Well I'm going to take a beak from swtor. Not to happy with how you need to have CC's to unlock or change the way a toon looks. I cancel out my account and will try out f2p and maybe just put in the monthly fee towards buying cc's and doing the unlocks that way. I'll logon and try it out in a few weeks. Just wanted to let you know why I will not be on. Im re-sub to wow and will give that a shot since they change the pvp gear around and now with s13 gear being out I can now get a pvp weapon. Take care!!

sorry to see you go, especially when i'm just about to hopefully get my ducks in a row and be able to transfer over in the next few patches lol. on a side note: wow has seriously messed up pvp and a lot of the pvp'rs are pretty upset about it. it's not pretty.

sorry to see you go, especially when i'm just about to hopefully get my ducks in a row and be able to transfer over in the next few patches lol. on a side note: wow has seriously messed up pvp and a lot of the pvp'rs are pretty upset about it. it's not pretty.
Since then he's made more alts... lol. Plus buying up unlocks for crafting and such.

Oh, and good to see you back!

Back