Pally Buff mod?

Durruck

Pirate!
I'm finally getting to the point where I need to be concerned about casting multiple buffs for parties... and wondering what mod you all use for keeping your buffs straight?

I looked thru Curse and ui.worldofwar and found myself less than impressed by most of the mods that I found. I basically came down to two mods that caught my eye.

BuffAhoy
Cirk's Blessings

I haven't actually tried out Buffahoy yet, I just recognized the name as something that other SGA pallies had used. I fiddled with Cirk's Blessings and found it to be rather simple to use - select the parties to buff, the type of buff to cast on each class (it automatically learns which spells you have and will only list in the dropdown what you have avaiable to you). Then R-click the button around your minimap, and it buffs. There are other options (such as only use raid buffs if (adjustable#) people need the buff, otherwise, just use the 5-min version, visual/chat indicators for buff expiration, etc.

I'm curious, does that sound easier and/or better than Buffahoy in anyway? I'm only L17, so I haven't gotten attached to anything, but after trying to buff by hand the other night in VC, I found that hand-buffing is just silly.

does it allow for easy "on-the-fly" modifications to which classes get which buffs? (or at least, fairly simple to change so if i go to a run and a druid wants might because they're feral, it's not a huge pain to change from wisdom or salv?)

TF's mod pack now has Cirk's blessings in it as Adam said that Buffahoy was not supported anymore.

Check out Benecast. What it does is: You assign what buffs you think a certain class would like. For example: A Mage may like Wisdom, Kings, or possibly Salvation if they are trigger happy. Benecast lets you assign those 3 or more buffs for the mage class only. Then, whenever you run across a Mage, those 3 buttons will appear near their character frame. You click the button you want to buff with and it will auto cast the highest rank that player can receive. Also, it will not change your targeting so you can buff your group mid fight without having to look for them.

Try it out, I know I like it. Also, you can make the buttons as big or small as you like so you don't overlook someone needing something.

Oh, I didn't know Adam added Cirk's.. That makes that decision easier. I guess I should have just downloaded the mod pack. hehe. I use so many mods that aren't in the pack that I just keep my mods up-to-date by hand.

Hm.. Benecast seems similar to group buttons... which I already use, but I wanted something that would be a little more intuitive, so I can set the blessings before an instance, and don't have to worry about guessing which one I was casting when I get half-way through a run.

Yeah, I put Blessings in there back in August (12th) when I had to run Allanon in Veritas' MC run. Frankly, I had issues with it. At times it would not do group buffs, it reverted to individual buffs. I didn't send much time trying to trouble shoot it as I did not hear from any of our pallys having that issue. I preferred BuffAhoy but it doesn't work nor is it supported any longer.

While I have not personally used it (since my pally is still too nooby at 47), the Paladins in my mage's guild, Oblivion, swear by PallyPower.

Keep in mind, however, it's used in the context of 40-man raids, where we typically have 4-6 Paladins with varying specs ("Improved Blessings of...").

right now, I plan on using Cirk's (no group buffs yets). I looked at PallyPower (and PallyPowah) but they were both geared towards raiding only... group buffs. Which does me no good.

It's not that I'm lazy & can't figure out what to cast, but I like to be able to set a series of buffs and forget about it ;)

Back