Pain in lower back and right leg

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Going to keep this short since I'm in a fair bit of pain right now.

I've had some pain in my lower back and in my right leg the last few days. It wasn't that bad until I got home last night and sat down on the couch for a few minutes. Then it got bad. Really bad.

It was very difficult to sleep last night because I kept trying to get into a position where I wasn't in pain. Today has been rough, too.

Based on a quick bit of research (dangerous, I know), I think it's sciatica.

Please pray that the pain goes away and the root of the problem is healed, whether that involves a miracle (which I recognize is unlikely, but I'm not ruling it out!), medicine, or physical therapy/exercise.

I probably won't be online as much for a few days because I shouldn't be sitting for extended periods while I'm in this pain. If you need anything related to CGA or ToJ, please post about it in a forum thread. Most leadership staff members have my phone number and can get a hold of me by phone if necessary.

Oh, I will be praying for sure, but I do believe actions must be taken with prayer or else it's usually not effective. I don't know what kind of pain you're going through, but if it's due to inflammation or arthritis, you should really take a trip to Whole Foods, and buy some organic Turmeric root. This root has helped me and also has anti cancer properties as well. Make sure to buy some organic black pepper to put on your Turmeric root so that it helps your body absorb the food better. I like to have it with dinner because I'm sure you're not going to like the taste of it. It tastes like dirt, but the non offensive term is to say it tastes "earthy". Turmeric is the best anti pain medications you can take and it's just a natural food. Also, I heard a bowl full of organic tart cherries can do wonders too, but I'm not positive on that because I have never tried it. I was a major sufferer of chronic pain and fatigue and I was able to cure my diseases and mental illnesses with God's food alone. If you want to check out that story, I have a note on my face book about my life history. I hope you're able to get better!

Well, it's sciatica.

And I have flat feet.

Aaand my neck is seriously messed up.

So there are good reasons I'm in a load of pain.

The chiropractor recommended a treatment plan, but it's shaping up to be expensive. Like, really expensive.

Please pray for healing and wisdom (because I'm going to look into alternatives and see if the prices for treatment are competitive).

Lop it off, lop it all off :p .

Whenever I hear the words doctor and expensive I always think of getting a second opinion too ( /remembers hospital charging Mother for 3 IVs two of which were pouring their contents on the floor). Some doctors are more motivated with charging you than helping you. I know when my Tae-kwon-do instructor broke his wrist they wanted to put all these metal parts in him but he got a second opinion and did not need to. I guess it could go the other way too with just choosing the doctor who tells you want you want to hear but if it is going to be expensive I'd definitely look into those alternatives you mentioned.

You should just get Ember to walk on your back ooh, la, la :p .

Praying for you Tek .

Last edited:
D'oh, forgot to post an update.

I had my first physical therapy appointment on Wednesday. It was just an evaluation, so it's hard to gauge how effective the treatment will be. It's still shaping up to be more expensive than I would have liked, but it's still significantly less expensive than the treatment plan recommended by the chiropractor. (Of course, if physical therapy isn't effective in getting me more mobile and out of pain, it doesn't do much good that it's cheaper.)

I have my next appointment early next week, so I should have a better feel for what impact the therapy will have soon. I hope.

In related news, the pain hasn't been as bad these last few days, but still bad enough that I want to pursue treatment/therapy and get out of pain. I just actually feel like going outside and moving around when I have free time now (though I still <3 video games on the couch on a Saturday morning/afternoon). :)

If it's sciatic then I suggest taking a very serious look at getting it fixed, even if you have to spend more money than you like to do it. That can be a very long term thing and can also be very very painful. While exercise of certain types will help the pain in the short term, it may not help in the long term. I recommend an MRI if you haven't already gotten it, and also take a look at some worthwhile treatment options. Therapy will help, but it's (probably) not an end-all solution in this case.

Your back isn't really something you want to continue to cause pain. I had some pain for a bit over the winter and thankfully the chiropractor was able to fix it. Found out I have a bit of a curve in my lower spine too but there isn't anything to worry about as it won't get worse. Also, my mother-in-law is going for surgery in October (possibly sooner if the surgeon gets a cancellation) to where she will have rods put in and bones fused. She has the back pain and pain shooting down her leg. Often, she says how it feels like her foot is in a vice. Apparently, after an MRI (which I agree with Bowser that you should get one done if you haven't already) they found that she was born with a broken spine that never healed and two of her vertebra are misaligned. Instead of being one on top of the other, one is jolted to the side. And I think she also has a narrowing of the spinal canal as well which doesn't help. I just see how she is at night (my wife and I live with them) and see how much pain she is in. And she has a very high pain tolerance too. I would highly recommend getting done what you need to so that it gets fixed. Will certainly be praying for a quick recovery whatever you choose to do and that therapy goes well.

I recommend you go see a doctor.

The chiropractor recommended...

/facepalm, I mean a real doctor (one that's had more than four years of studying).

Seriously - chiropractors know how to temporarily relieve pain. They don't solve anything.

If you haven't already, go see a real doctor. They will cost more, and I know how frugal you are, but you only have one body, and you can't get another one.

/facepalm, I mean a real doctor (one that's had more than four years of studying).

Seriously - chiropractors know how to temporarily relieve pain. They don't solve anything.

If you haven't already, go see a real doctor. They will cost more, and I know how frugal you are, but you only have one body, and you can't get another one.

Ditto

Actually, we (believers) will get another body. A perfect one. :)

Please, show me how a Chiropractor isn't a) a real doctor and b) doesn't 'solve' anything.

Chiropractors are 'real' doctors and have helped many people 'solve' many problems.

Doctors, a.k.a. physicians earn their undergraduate (sometimes masters degrees) and then doctoral degrees. This is about 8 to 10 years of schooling. After this, they are required to work at a hospital where they are closely watched for another two years (this is called residency).

Chiropractors only earn their undergraduate degrees, and most of that degree is made up of courses unrelated to your major.

They aren't doctors. Im sorry if you know one or if I offended you but they still aren't doctors.

They don't solve anything because you always need to go back for a "realignment."

Edit: This isn't the place for a debate, and now I feel silly for making such a detailed response. Tek - get better. :)

Last edited:
Ok piping in here.....yes I hate for prayers to being derailed with discussions. Prayers for God's healing and choosing the right option for you Tek should be made.

Now putting myself in here with the discussion. There are many Chiropractors who have a LOT more education and training out there then there are what I would call "quacks" which you can find in any area. The good ones are associated with organizations just like the medical doctors are. Many times Chiropractors use means that are more natural whereas MD's tend to prescribe medications......many times people become dependent on those. My personal experience would be to see both and then make the best choice for yourself. (Guess what my chiropractor sent me to a neurologist to make sure there was nothing more that could be done.)

There is more here I could "debate" but again I hate to use this forum for that.

Tek I hope you feel better and I will be going off to physical therapy myself very soon for a similar problem.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Tek glad to hear it isn't arthritis setting in, not that what you have isn't bad enough, but it can be easier to treat for long term improvement. Paying for serious treatment now will save money, pain, and time in future, hence it is frugal to treat it as best you can at this time. Will pray for right choices, and best Dr, as part of healing. NOT ruling out miracles either.

Back