Old world raids

Avesther

Is there any plans on revisting the old world raid zones? I know there are plenty in the guild who have never experienced them, including the hated Molten Core. I know a lot of us have done MC more then any normal person ought but there are probably an equal number who have never experienced it.

I think if there were 30 people, making a well rounded group, we could do MC and BWL, and 40 people making a well rounded group, we could do AQ40 and start Naxx.

I know its exciting to do new stuff but here is a reality, the old stuff is still new stuff for 95% or more of the guild. Might be a too big of a test to see who is really in to the new stuff for gear or the expierence.

I'd totally be for doing this. Nothing beats the feeling of downing a raid boss for the first time, especially a 40-man raid boss.

I'd do anything but BWL as for some reason BWL hates my computer and boots me everytime I go in.

I'm up for what ever... I can lead most of them... been a long time sense I lead one of those...but it's like riding a bike...

Well, if the chars you speak of are really 'new' (mine is of course), then aren't there attunement issues? Many of us aren't attuned.
I don't think AQ40 has attunement, but the others are to a greater or lesser extent, quite an attunement nuisance. Naxx which might be huge fun, is downright 'you gotta be kidding'! Unless Blizz has removed the attunements, which would be quite a good idea or those instances can pretty much R.I.P.

So maybe despite the appearance of options, it's 'AQ40 or bust'.

Meltaway

Last edited:
I still think, not trying to be pushy or anything, that finishing BWL, doing AQ40 and Naxx holds a lot of potential for Redeemed as places to see and experience. It gets more people into raids on a weekly, biweekly or montly basis. Sure, that content would be a bit easier for 40 70s and the gear not as good as we have but...but...but, the encounters and locales would be new to 98% of the guild.

my $0.02.

EDIT: Attunements for MC and BWL are simple as pie. Naxx is a bit more but not by much. Naxx requires gold and nexus crystals. Gold is easy to get in TBC and nexus crystals = a clear of MC or BWL (all gear DEd) and you'll have enough crystals to attune the whole guild.

Even though I spent like 20 days of my life in MC, i would still like to go back again with 40 of us and see how fast we can do it. We would destroy the place.

I would also like to finish off bwl/aq40/naxx.

How long do you think it would take to do a full MC with a full raid? 3 hours?

I'd have to bang out the attuenment. Soloing brd should be no problem.

EDIT: Attunements for MC and BWL are simple as pie. Naxx is a bit more but not by much. Naxx requires gold and nexus crystals. Gold is easy to get in TBC and nexus crystals = a clear of MC or BWL (all gear DEd) and you'll have enough crystals to attune the whole guild.

OR we could just do AQ40. No money needed and no need to clear an instance for enchanting supplies. :cool:

How long do you think it would take to do a full MC with a full raid? 3 hours?

At 60 I have seen it cleared in a little under 4 hours. Im thinking 2, to 2.5 hours.

mmmmmm mc, i still have the few pieces of tier 1 i got from there hopping someday to revisit it and smash everyone up and get the rest of it lol

and fyi on the naxx thing, depending on your rep it can cost a couple nexus crystals or it can cost nexus crystals and alot more stuff, cant rember off hand i was gonna go do it but i saw how much stuff i needed at honored and figured id wait a bit more :Z

and bwl mmmmm havent even been in which would definatly be fun

At Honored with Argent Dawn, all you need is about 30g, 2 Nexus Crystals (I think), and 2 Arcane Crystals (I think). Not a lot. Or is that Revered..... >.>

At revered its 30g, 1 Nexus and 1 Arcane Crystal.

Edit!: You have to be atleast honored to be attuned.

honored is easy, 90% of people have quested there to get to 58 before heading to the outlands, if not a few quick runs through the instas will solve it hehe

im down with helping people get attuned for this also, im not doing much on cross (tank) so id be happy to do this especialy since ive been wating above honored to get attuned and i like trying to get everying at max or at least thats my new goal lol

Back