Official FFXIV FAQ!

XionTawa

Found on the awesome new Lodestone site...

Source: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=77cc45cab7e13b64ffc58a36c979abcd50dc172e

Guildleves
Q: Why should I bother making parties for levequests?
A: In general, as players increase in level, it will become easier to earn skill and experience points when fighting in a party as opposed to fighting solo. Regarding levequests specifically, the more players participating, the better the rewards earned from the treasure chests will be (regardless of whether the party members are leve linking or leve sharing).

Leve Link: Participating in a levequest where you possess the same guildleve as the one activated.
Leve Share: Participating in a levequest where you do not possess the same guildleve as the one activated.

Q: Why should I leve link?
A: Not only will level linking make it easier to complete the quest, but difficulty and completion rewards will be affected, as well as the rate at which treasure chests appear.

Q: Will there be any more guildleve variations?
A: Of course. The main concept behind levequest design was to make low-level quests simple and easy to understand, and then gradually increase their complexity in proportion to their recommended level. This was done to allow party members to concentrate on discussing preferred skill sets, monster weaknesses, and battle regimens, while not having to worry too much about a vast amount of special rules. Once players have had the opportunity to get used to party-play, they can then move on to the more varied high-level quests, such as faction leves.

In addition, several new types of guildleves are currently being developed for future patches.

Behests
Q: Why should I participate in behests?
A: Rewards and skill progression bonuses are similar to those received by parties on levequests, and there is no cost to the player to participate.

Q: When can I participate in behests?
A: Every hour, on the hour, battlewardens will appear near aetheryte camps. Speak with him or her to join the behest.

Q: Why can I not attack certain monsters during behests?
A: Just as with those in normal battles, once engaged, monsters in behest are also claimed by parties/individuals.

Synthesis
Q. How can I review recipes that I receive on local levequests?
A. At present, there is no way to review a recipe once it has been obtained. We are currently looking into means to make working with recipes easier, but until a system has been settled upon, players can find a recipe database on the FINAL FANTASY XIV Lodestone by navigating to Play Guide >> Synthesis, and then selecting the skill the recipes of which they wish to browse.

User Interface
Q. Will I be able to keep the actions set to my action bars when I change classes?
A. Beginning with the launch of game service, action bars will no longer reset when players change classes. Actions that can no longer be used once a class change is made will simply not consume action points. In this manner, players will no longer find themselves without sufficient action points to equip the actions they desire when changing from, for example, a miner to a gladiator. In addition, by employing user-defined macros, players can change their class, equipped gear, and actions simultaneously.

Q. Is there a way I can send a /tell to another player without having to type out the player's full name?
A. By opening the auto-translate dictionary feature and scrolling to the Audience option, players can view a list containing the names of nearby players. The list will also contain the names of people from whom the player has received /tells, as well as those to whom /tells have been sent. Further, a shortcut command (CTRL+R) will be added for quick and easy replying.

Last edited:
Back