No More Crits

BassMan449

From February 28 Update News:
Added options for servers who want to become custom games: Disable critical hits (tf_weapon_criticals), eliminate respawn times (mp_disable_respawn_times), and raise maxplayers above 24

We can finally disable crits without TFTrue. Let the celebration begin.

I'm going to install the server update right now.

Then I'm going to dance a jig.

Then I'm going to call Elihu and yell in celebration.

Okay, I updated the server, then updated the server.cfg to disable crits.

Now I just need a few people to log in and verify that crits are truly disabled.

Okay, I called Elihu and yelled. Not at him, just...yelled. Sharing my joy.

FJ has no emotions, he is a bot, you cant emo damage a bot. I have seen him play a soldier and he either hacks or is a bot.

After getting owned repeatedly by Elihu tonight (even without soldier's trusty crit rocket) I have to agree with ewoksrule that Elihu must be a bot. It is the only logical explanation.

"emo damange", LOL! :D I love it. Was trying to think of a joke about being male, and having a +5 saving throw against crying at a chick flick, but it's too early in the morning for me to fully bring my wits to bear on it.

But more to the point...no crits! <dancing>

1111001010001001010000101000100010010100.....I mean, err, hmm, I am not a robot and am unsure of where you would get such preposterous ideas. *click, whirr* And your stabbing at my feelings was harsh and uncalled for....*bzzt*....but I forgive you. I am elated at the crits being turned off as well and when Tek contacted me via my intercranial telecommunications device I connected to the server as soon as I could. *beep* End of message.

Then I'm going to dance a jig.
Jig currently pending.

EDIT: Going to wait until I can confirm whether or not I'll be able to attend the next TF2 gamenight.

After playing on the server without crits for a while, I have to say I miss two things about them.

1. Crits in the humiliation part after a victory. These were just fun.
2. Melee crits. The melee weapons get their strength from their obscenely high crit rate. It makes it a lot harder to melee someone to death if you dont have crits.

It would be cool if valve would give a seperate cvar for melee crits so that they can balance melees out with the rest of the game, but other than that I'm quite glad crits are gone.

Are crits gone at the end? I'll have to pay attention next time, I hadn't noticed. Yea, it's too bad the crit cvar gets rid of *everything*. ('cept the backstab and headshot of course)

Y'know, I played on the server for about 2.5 hours tonight, and I didn't even notice that there were no crits. I had totally forgotten that they had been disabled. Though, that makes a little more sense now, since I was wondering why I wasn't getting as many melee kills as usually. My trusty bonesaw is no longer the fearful instrument of death that it used to be. :(

I agree that crits should still be turned on for melee weapons. But, I doubt Valve will add that option in, unfortunately.

Back