Newest patch information

MajorX17

Here is the newest patch preview. I will update this thread when Riot releases patch notes. Jax is getting nerfed. Soraka, Nidalee, Taric and Sona are getting their healing abilities nerfed, but they are getting buffs in other areas to give them more active playstyles.

Also, is there any way to embed youtube videos in this forum?

How does everyone feel about the support change? I think it's kind of weird, but am happy about nid rework and jax nerf.

I'm skeptical about the Nidalee rework. I doubt that they will add enough to Nidalee's cougar form to offset the major nerf to her heal. As a whole, I like the direction Riot is taking with the support changes, I just hope the numbers work out. I feel that healers like Soraka and Sona were too passive and mindless for the amount of power they added to a team. By making them more dynamic, they can still be powerful in a different way and be much more fun to play.

Also, is there any way to embed youtube videos in this forum?
Nope. But you can post a link to the video.

Maybe there'll be a YouTube embed option in vBulletin 4.x.

Patch notes are up (link). Looks like there are no straight up buffs to any champions except Kayle this patch. Soraka got the most changes out of anyone. I don't think Nidalee got enough compensation for her weakened heal, but we'll see. Some nice changes to PVP.net and the UI in general.

Last edited:
Taric got kinda hammered too (pun intended). Phreak made it sound like the out-of-combat fountain healing was getting nerfed, but the attack speed buff would keep the front-line-combat healer. Takes 4 hits on a champion (with that 2% attack speed buff!) to bring the cooldown back to where the old one would be, and then it heals less. The minions are sorta-out-of-combat, which makes since, but it's still not quite the risk-reward ratio they were implying.

Back