New Favorite thing in GW:

Alliance Battles.

After almost 2 years of owning Factions, I'd never tried it before until yesterday and wow... The only reason I even thought about it was cause I was trying to grind faction for the Urgoz Warren run, and I think that's just about all I've actually done IG since then.

I'm playing with a Paragon (which, I guess, is nearly unheard of) and after just messing around for awhile, I threw together this little Para-beastmaster build based on a couple things I read on GWGuru (which does have lots of annoying pop-ups, MM, I got your back), and I've been mopping up! I think I won every 1v1 I came across and had a couple matches where I didn't die at all!

Anyway, I wanted to share cause it's really fun and if any of you are in to it, I'd love to join you sometime. I actually just took my PvE Paragon and went and captured myself the Black Moa bird just for use in AB, hehe. Goooood times. Later!

-Chadley

Is there still that annoyingly long wait time? That's usually what keeps me from playing AB when I feel like doing some PvP.

If I do AB, I'll be either my PvE ranger or whatever PvP char I have in my PvP slot at the time (right now its an Assassin called Artemys Entrerii).

I usually test builds in AB or RA so who knows what I'd run... :D

I got hooked on AB when I had to farm 10K Kurzick faction to get through the storyline. Never did play it with my para though, I usually do MM Necro or Sliver Tank Ele, you just inspired me to use my AoF + ToF Searing Flames Paragon..should be fun :) - A lower energy version of this is a Burning Barrage paragon that mixes AoF + ToF with Barrage to spread burning and reduce damage output of foes. I bet it would work great on AB Mobs :)

OMGSHHHHHHHHHH! AB is the 2nd best reason for getting factions (1st being the rit), they are so fun. The waits are their bane, of course though, uhhhg.

I love AB!

this weekend, I'm trying to get permission (from wife) to play all friday evening for the double rewards. Hope to see you there!

Paragons are excellent for AB, I've found whole 4 man teams of them...

Oh, I love Alliance Battles. Dredd practically dragged Halonic and I into them one night LOOOOOOONG ago, and we both loved them!

Tons of fun, and you can try lots of funky stuff and still win. Occasionally I like to resurrect Marquessa Adraea as a touch ranger, just for AB. :) Only place I can actually run that build anymore.

based on a couple things I read on GWGuru (which does have lots of annoying pop-ups, MM, I got your back)
The sentiment is appreciated, Chadley, but it was Raven who was complaining about the pop-ups, not me. :) I use Firefox, and don't see pop-ups on their site...

Back