My Terran Build

Shinigami Naruto

After seeing Day9's lastest daily i've tweeked my terran build. Its bioball, but its built for early assault (being key), and constant production. Post your comments. It should hold back most early rushes. And if your opponent is fast expanding, i think it would give you the advantage.

Once the 2nd expo is up you can build a factory then medivacs. Then more rax and upgrades.

I'll post the old build and the new one. I base the efficiency on the 7 min mark, around the first push would happen for me, by the time i get to the other base stim should already be finished.

One thing that helped make this, was under the single player section, play vs AI. You can save progress there, and load from that point if you can think of something that will speed up your build.

Last edited:
One thing i just thought of, is that if u do this and they scout, they will think you are doing a proxy reaper/reaper rush. depending on the time they come in, cause u might have gas up, but not barraks, so they will lookin for the "missing" barracks, or they might see the barraks being build with early gas there.

I really like this build naruto.

I think a couple of things to perfect is the timing of your supply depots. Your 2nd and 3rd supply depots seemed a bit early, like maybe you could squeeze a barracks and an addon in there before building them. Also, I liked that you went with the 4th rax (I think? or was it 3rd? lol) and THEN engineering bay.

Good job, I was impressed. I really like the delayed fast expand. I think you could use this similar build to experiment with fast tanks, medivac (for LT, KR, DQ) or fast banshee (Metal, Scrap Station, Steppes, DeltaQuadrant).

Inkelis, I really like your build too.

I think it could use just a little bit of work, but it's clearly a solid build. Good job.

Your supply was great, so good on you for that. Your build order, imo, was slightly wonky. I'd suggest producing from 2, maybe 3, barracks until you get the expand up and SCV's on it. You can easily produce units from 2-3 barracks, whereas in that build you had 4 and 2 of them were not producing for a short time.
Lastly (and I know in a real-game you'd probably play differently than you played here), I'd suggest increasing the time before you move out. Wait until your upgrades are done and you have a slightly larger army to make it a really good timed push. Against toss wait until at least concussive (watch for VRs), against zerg wait until stim, and against terran wait until any two of the three tech-lab upgrades are done (watch for tanks/early harass).

Thanks for posting!

Back