Monument of Valor

gerrtGSU06-CTS

Hey all, trying to maximize the value of my Medals of Honor I've been saving to fill up my Valor Monument and I had a question.

I know you can't add multiple of the same type of item (for example, I can't have 15 shields and call it a day) but I was wondering if I still get points for my overall account if say two different characters add the same type of item. So, for example, if my assassin added daggers to his monument of valor and then my ritualist added daggers to his monument would I get two points towards my account or just one?

What it says in Guild Wiki is:

The Monument of "Valor" displays destroyer weapons from the Eye of the North expansion, Oppressor's weapons from the War in Kryta, and tormented weapons from the Domain of Anguish.

Only 11 weapons can be displayed at a time.

Only 1 weapon of each type can be displayed for each character, e.g. if the monument already includes an Oppressor's Staff based in Fire Magic, you cannot add a Water Magic-based Oppressor's Staff for the same character

A total of 8 Guild Wars 2 reward points can be obtained from this monument for 15 weapons, including at least 1 from each set.
Sounds like only one weapon of each type - so - no, the two characters could add the same weapon but you would only get one point. That is the way I read it...but I have not tried it...at least not with weapons. I know it didn't add extra points for tapestries or armor. I don't think it did for pets. I wouldn't think it would for weapons.

Let us know if yu find out different.

Well, if so that means you can only use a max of 110 medals of honor to fill the monument and get max points, which is somewhat helpful compared to the 130 I thought I'd need. Getting close, have over 70 so far.

Hey all, trying to maximize the value of my Medals of Honor I've been saving to fill up my Valor Monument and I had a question.

I know you can't add multiple of the same type of item (for example, I can't have 15 shields and call it a day) but I was wondering if I still get points for my overall account if say two different characters add the same type of item. So, for example, if my assassin added daggers to his monument of valor and then my ritualist added daggers to his monument would I get two points towards my account or just one?

For example: If you add Destroyer Daggers and then add Tormented Daggers you would get 1 point for adding a single Destroyer Weapon and 1 point for adding a single Tormented Weapon. If you added 2 Destroyer Daggers you still only get 1 point. Basically no double dipping even if the attribute on the weapons are different.

Remember points aren't earned by weapon but accomplishment.

1 Any Weapon Statue
1 Destroyer Weapon Statue
1 Tormented Weapon Statue
1 Oppressor Weapon Statue
1 Five Weapon Statues
2 Eleven Weapon Statues (Full Display)
1 Fifteen Weapon Statues
------------------------------------
8 Points Possible

So in essence you could earn 4 points just by putting in 3 unique shields (destroyer, oppressor, and tormented) but to get all 8 points your going to have to buy/earn some you may not need or ever use.

Right, that part I'm fine with.

My plan so far is to get 11 oppressor weapons (since there's 11 categories and I have no shortage of medals of honor) 1 tormented (since that's the most expensive and I don't have all the gems for yet) and 1 destroyer (which I already have the components for) and then go from there trying to get both gems and diamonds/onyx gems to fill the last 2 slots. Just wanted to make sure I was doing the math right.

Thanks! Yeah, I've done WiK so far with 4 of my characters and haven't spent any medals because I figured I'd use em for the monument only, getting commemorative weapons etc. once I finished the monument. I'm also considering selling oppressor weapons for cash once I get what I need for the monument, but we'll see.

Back