Minecraft runs out of memory

Kahiel

Anyone else running into this error? It's happened the last couple times I try to play. Have to do some research and figure out what's going on.

Are you running 64bit OS? If you are, are you running 64bit Java? If not, I would suggest that.

There are some posts that say allocate more memory to Java, and there are others that say not to, as it may cause other issues. I have gone both ways, and havent seemed to have an issue.

You could install the Optifine mod and see if the settings in there would help.

First though I would try switching back to the default texture, and installing 64bit Java (if you have 64bit OS..)

Are you running 64bit OS? If you are, are you running 64bit Java? If not, I would suggest that.

There are some posts that say allocate more memory to Java, and there are others that say not to, as it may cause other issues. I have gone both ways, and havent seemed to have an issue.

You could install the Optifine mod and see if the settings in there would help.

First though I would try switching back to the default texture, and installing 64bit Java (if you have 64bit OS..)

Yes, I'm using the default pack.

I tried increasing the memory, but that hasn't helped. I was looking into upgrading to 64 bit java, but I'm using FireFox which runs only 32 bit...

Back