Mesmer Capital Purchases! (ie- 15k armor)

Hey all! Okay, so I'm getting very close to the mark on my "Chadley Bradley 15k Armor Fund." (I know, after 2.5 years, he's finally saved enough, right? :rolleyes:) So close that I now have to figure out what armor I'm going to invest in! See, before GWEN, I was saving for the Elite Enchanter's armor which I planned to dye all white, and it would look something like this:

Enchanter_15k_m.JPG

Then, GWEN came out, and I started to like the Mesmer Norn armor which I would still dye white acheving something similar to this:

125px-Mesmer_Norn_Armor_M_gray_front.jpg

(imagine it's white)

But THEN I started thinking the exact opposite direction (after the Thunderhead keep Masters night actually) and decided it would look SWEET to get my hands on 15k Kurzick armor, dye it all black, craft a black bandada, and be Wesley from Princess Bride!! Reference:

Kurzmesfront.JPG
Bandana_Profile_M.jpg

And I know, it's not just like him because, for one, he doesn't wear a coat, but of the potentially all black mesmer armors, that's my favorite. Anyway, I'm a pretty big fan of this last idea despite the EXTRA time (as if there wasn't enough) to get materials, but as usual, I'd love to hear what the guildies say. :D

The other idea is to scrap the mesmer armor, and buy it all for my paragon who I've been using all but exclusively lately without much willingness to change. My ultimate "look" idea with that (which would take forever, I'm sure) is a dark kind of black and purple mix ideally with tomented spear and shield. Question there is can it be well-achieved without FoW armor? That's definitely outside the budget range... Thoughts please!!

-Chadley

THE THIRD!!! Love the Idea. I do not play Fiona as much as I used to but she still is my main and I bought her 2 sets of 15k and I am not a rich guild wars person so there are my 2 cents!

i would go with the 3rd as well, the first armor looks rather plain to be 15K and the 2nd you cant see very much detail. plus i love how you did the Princess Bride reference with the 3rd one. if you need help, gimme a shout.
Joey.

Well, my mes had the elite kurz, I really like a lot of that line of armor. but I must admit, my favorite mes armor piece is my elite luxon mask!!!

Choices narrowed and yet somehow recomplicated (I'm so good at that):

I'm going to go with the all-black + bandanna look, but I've actually kinda fallen away from the 15k Kurzick. Your new options to vote on are an all black 1.5k Kurz or an all black 15k Rogue. Reference shots:

aeronsolo2sr0.jpg

1.5k Kurzick (apologize for the size)

parisjp.JPG

15k Rogue (again, sorry it's big)

I'm completely up in the air on this one. I really like both looks. Obviously, Kurz is much cheaper leaving funds for the Paragon, but I feel like I might get sick of that look faster than the Rogue. Also, there might be clipping issues w/ the bandana. Anyway, opinionate away--the purchase will probably be made tomorrow cause I'm getting antsy...

-Chadley

If you think you may tire of the Kurzick, go with the Rogue.

Maid Mirawyn, my mes, wears Noble Attire. (Well, for the dress.) I made very sure to pick something I wouldn't get bored with. Now if I get bored, I just redye everything. :) Since I'm not using black or white, that's relatively cheap.

PS- I've decided to give you all the original idea as a third choice cause I found a pic of 15k Kurz dyed black:

mesmersunite1uy2.jpg

(far right)

-Chadley

GOT IT!!

So I grinded (ground?) my way almost all the way through factions and got to Vasburg Armory for the 15k Kurzick armor... Only to take one look at it and decide upon 15k Rogue. So after a quick trip back to the S. Shiverpeaks, I now look like this!!:

Rogue2.jpg

Rogue1.jpg

If only Runic Blades weren't nearly impossible to get your hands on, that would probably be the best sword for the look, but my Glacial Blade (of Enchanting ;)) works just fine for now. And of course, now I need to make it the rest of the way through GW:EN to get that bandana. I'm pretty happy with everything. Later!

-Chadley

Back