McCain's VP Wants Creationism Taught in School

MCain is the co-author of Mccain-feingold, one of the biggest attacks on the first amendment in recent history. I would not vote for him under any circumstance..RP for me..<G>

MCain is the co-author of Mccain-feingold, one of the biggest attacks on the first amendment in recent history. I would not vote for him under any circumstance..RP for me..<G>

I'm not sure if you've realized it yet...but Ron Paul is out. Either get over him being gone and choose someone else, or just stop bringing him up. He had no chance of winning any way.

When you vote for someone because the political parties in control tell you your choice is the wrong one, it's called fascism I'm pretty sure. The fact that you could write in Ric Flair though he has zero chance of becoming president is what makes our voting system awesome. Even though the party system is broken, the choice makes it good.

I would rather not see Obama or McCain in office, but this may give Palin a chance to build up to be the first woman president and one who would get my vote!

When you vote for someone because the political parties in control tell you your choice is the wrong one, it's called fascism I'm pretty sure. The fact that you could write in Ric Flair though he has zero chance of becoming president is what makes our voting system awesome. Even though the party system is broken, the choice makes it good.

Zing!! and very true.

[toj.cc]phantom;303991 said:
I'm not sure if you've realized it yet...but Ron Paul is out. Either get over him being gone and choose someone else, or just stop bringing him up. He had no chance of winning any way.
By the Constitution I can write in anyone i want phantom. You may wish to study the constitution and realize the two party system is a huge lie and an even bigger trap. Just as you have the right to vote for the two prty system..i'm not going to vote for either one since neither candidate holds any of hte values i hold dear..:) It's not about if he wins..it's about telling the gov't with my vote that neither of the coronated candidates are the right one for me. If only more poeple would utilize this power that they have then things would actually change in this country., Alas most folks want to go with what they are fed instead of researching and thinking critically..:(

Last edited:
By the Constitution I can write in anyone i want phantom. You may wish to study the constitution and realize the two party system is a huge lie and an even bigger trap. Just as you have the right to vote for the two prty system..i'm not going to vote for either one since neither candidate holds any of hte values i hold dear..:) It's not about if he wins..it's about telling the gov't with my vote that neither of the coronated candidates are the right one for me. If only more poeple would utilize this power that they have then things would actually change in this country., Alas most folks want to go with what they are fed instead of researching and thinking critically..:(

Hmm....we can't write people in here.....any marks other than an X in the box and the ballot is thrown away /sigh

I'm moving there!

Why? Seriously, what's wrong with writing a name in? I mean, honestly, if society as a whole was a little more bold, Hillary Clinton would probably win as a write-in candidate. At least, she would definitely take a TON of votes. Writing in is really the only thing left of a democracy in our voting system. I mean, if you really think voting for who the parties tell you to vote for, then I hear Venezuela and Cuba are nice. Don't mean to be harsh, but that's about really the only way I can see it.

Sounds more like the article was saying she thinks BOTH, Creation and evolution should be taught in schools. But I'm sure that's a step in the right direction from most states.

I just want a candidate who will stand up to the teaching of evolution so predominatly as the only answer in our schools. Like it's a fact! It's a theory, is what it is. With a lot of missing links. Which gives it very little weight, in my opinion, to be taught in a schoolroom

Most of the people that want Creation taught in school, only want it to be taught alongside Evolution as major, supported theories.

It's amazing to me how in other threads, it is mentioned that 80% of Americans claim to be Christians, and yet here we see that the other 20% control what is taught in schools. Madelyn Murray O'Hair would be delighted. Our forefathers, on the other hand, are turning in their graves.

How is the McCain-Feingold bill one of the biggest attacks on the 1st amendment? It was for campaign finance reform. I have not read the bill so could you please explain it to me?

I have to admit, I'm kinda confused about that, as well. From what I've found doing a 10-minute search... it seems that the biggest "pitfalls" to the bill was that it stopped groups from doing 3rd party mudslinging via FCC-controlled media during the election season.

It also appears to have forced candidates to step up and take claim for ads, or they get yanked.

The place where I see it "attacking the 1st Amendment" would be in that it's harder for the average joe to pay into some fly-by-night campaign that could previously claim "Candidate 1 is a communist, thinks that murder is okay, and might be snorting cocaine right this moment."

It also stops non-profit agencies, workers unions, and other groups that are NOT political activist groups from acting like them... Which I'm actually okay with. My labor union used to give LOTS of money to people that stand for things that I'm against, and never polled my opinion.

McCain-Feingold was a bad piece of legislation after reading more about it. I still have to say considering the alternative, i'll still vote for McCain. The sad truth is that there is no major 3rd party or write in candidate that has a prayer at winning. We can expect to lose way more freedoms with Obama at the helm. The fact of the matter is you lose either way. I agree more with Sarah Palin's political stance than McCain's.

I'm not going to stand by and not vote or throw my vote away on someone who doesn't have a chance. Knowing Obama's stance on gay rights, abortion, gun control, taxes, etc... I cannot stand idly by and not do what I can to stop him from getting elected.

winning isn't the issue. serving the lesser of two evils means you are serving evil. Do you REALLY want change in this country? Vote your concience not the lesser of two evils. That is why i am writing in Ron Paul. That is why i am rejecting the two party system lie. My vote is one small voice but i would be remiss in my civic duty if i did not use it properly. if Ron Paul gets 100000 votes this cycle it could be the impetus for real change..an independent might actually run or another party may actually run and get enough votes to scare the establishment. Once that's done they'll take notice. That's the only way to affect change in this country..vote your values..vote your beliefs..don't vote for evil.

BTW if you think McCain is going to be any better than obama...look at GWB. Frankly I don't want another GWB OR Obama..hence why I am not voting for either. The only vote thrown away is the vote not cast. Anyone who beleives otherwise has drank the two party system kool-aid and needs to get a good shot of Constitutional caffiene..:)

This also stands true for state, county, and local elections. SOOOOO many people blow off those elections. Guess where many national candidates come from? Local elections..then they work their way up. If you REALLY want change get involved locally.

One more note..voting for McCain because of Sarah palin is akin to voting for obama if he had hillary. Unless either of them dies or gets assassinated neither of the veeps are going to be president anytime soon. Are you saying you want our president, no matter how offensive, to get killed so the veep can get the office?(this is a rhetorical question don't go nuts please) I caution you about this one because of who the third in line is..nancy pelosi. she's more radically left than hillary and nearly as radical as Obama. Do you REALLY want somebody like that one step away from the White House? That thought scares me.

Last edited:
winning isn't the issue. serving the lesser of two evils means you are serving evil. Do you REALLY want change in this country? Vote your concience not the lesser of two evils. That is why i am writing in Ron Paul. That is why i am rejecting the two party system lie. My vote is one small voice but i would be remiss in my civic duty if i did not use it properly. if Ron Paul gets 100000 votes this cycle it could be the impetus for real change..an independent might actually run or another party may actually run and get enough votes to scare the establishment. Once that's done they'll take notice. That's the only way to affect change in this country..vote your values..vote your beliefs..don't vote for evil.

BTW if you think McCain is going to be any better than obama...look at GWB. Frankly I don't want another GWB OR Obama..hence why I am not voting for either. The only vote thrown away is the vote not cast. Anyone who beleives otherwise has drank the two party system kool-aid and needs to get a good shot of Constitutional caffiene..:)

This also stands true for state, county, and local elections. SOOOOO many people blow off those elections. Guess where many national candidates come from? Local elections..then they work their way up. If you REALLY want change get involved locally.

One more note..voting for McCain because of Sarah palin is akin to voting for obama if he had hillary. Unless either of them dies or gets assassinated neither of the veeps are going to be president anytime soon. Are you saying you want our president, no matter how offensive, to get killed so the veep can get the office?(this is a rhetorical question don't go nuts please) I caution you about this one because of who the third in line is..nancy pelosi. she's more radically left than hillary and nearly as radical as Obama. Do you REALLY want somebody like that one step away from the White House? That thought scares me.

Those are your opinions, and I respectfully disagree with some of them. Regarding the lesser of 2 evils, I don't see it that way. I will do what I can to stop what evil I can. Obama represents most everything I oppose. McCain and I have many political beliefs in common. I don't agree with him on everything but he is the candidate that I most identify with.

You show me a 3rd party Christian conservative who has a chance of winning and i'll give them my vote. I have yet to see an advertisement for such a person.

Back