May 28th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Transforming Love

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. . . . Love your neighbor as yourself.

-Mark 12:30-31 (NRSV)

I have discovered three ingredients that I believe to be essential if the whole world is to have the opportunity to know Jesus Christ personally. First, we can fully sense the love of God that accompanies us every step of our lives. Second, we are called to love ourselves. Knowing that we are loved and held in the love of Christ, we are liberated from self-doubt and despair. Third, we then have the capacity to offer that love of Christ to others.

Often when I travel, I experience encounters that bring a momentary transformation to individuals -- smiles from tears, welcoming arms, waves of welcome and goodbye. The offer of lasting transformation comes through helping people find a relationship with Jesus Christ, whose transforming love is available through all the challenges that life brings.

How we use our opportunities makes all the difference. If we share love often enough, all the world's people will know that they are valued and loved by Christ.

Rosemary Wass (York, England)

Prayer:
O God, teach us how to love our neighbors as much as we love ourselves. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Back