Massive 3 house fire too close to one of our own ...

Allanon

Hey all, I wanted to take a few minutes and offer up a HUGE praise report. Ironwolfe/Perin/Randall aka Shane's family escaped a massive 3 house fire which caused damage to their new home on Friday. Shane's family was at home when someone came running up to their door and told them to leave as a home two houses over just exploded taking out its two neighbours. I have linked two local news stories for further details but I wanted to post for a couple of reasons:

#1 Praise the Lord no one got hurt in the massive blaze. Further praise that Shane's new home was not destroyed.

#2 Pray for the families displaced by this blaze, including Shane's while details are ironed out. Keep them in your prayers.

2 Local newspapers covered the story:

Edmonton Journal
Edmonton Sun

Shane, we are all thanking the Lord for watching over your family and asking the Lord to continue to show favor on getting back to "normal" - We love you guys!

Praise the Lord:)
Hope y'all can get back into your home soon.
We will be praying for y'all.

Tinie/Angie

Good grief!!!

A 100lb propane tank is very much like a bomb. I don't know if you Edmontonians remember the oil recycling plant here in Calgary that blew up a few years ago. I live a 3 minute drive away from that place, I kid you not, you could see the propane tanks going up like fire crackers. Scary, scary stuff.

Nobody was hurt and that is truly awesome!!!

"Neighbours estimate there might have been six to eight people, including a roofer on top of the structure, working on the house when it caught fire. All escaped unharmed."

That's simply amazing. Definitely worthy of praising God for!

Hey everyone, I hope all is well with you all. I wanted to write to thank you for all your prayers, they mean alot to me. Even in the midst of chaos and confusion I am thankful for many things. As I sat at my desk just now pondering so many things, and trying to figure out what next... It hit me that through all my life, all my troubles and there have been many... not once, not even once have I been left without a roof over my head, or food in my stomach or those of my family. I am humbled by this thought as I know who had provided through all those things. I have doubted God so many times I do not know why He would put up with me, yet He has.

Why would someone like Him even give a rip about someone such as myself? He certainly deserves better, I guess it speaks more about His character than my own. He has been faithful even though I have been otherwise, He has been kind when I have not been and He has been generous.

Can I honestly say one bad thing about Him? No, not one thing. Which is more than I can say of myself, He is more than I could ever be. Yet He is really what I want to be like. Anyhow I am ranting, sorry.

Everyone is safe, even though we will be waiting for some time to return home I am sure God will watch over my family and I as He has always done. We have been staying with friends while we have been waiting for more information on our home. I will let you guys know as best I can what is going on, at the moment I do not know much. It may be weeks or months before we can return home. We will be fine, regardless of what happens.

Oh one other thing, you will not see me around for a while as I have no way of playing WoW for now. I hope to see you all soon. God Bless.

God is good even in tragegy! Only He knows the reasoning for this. Thankfully no one was harmed and everything that was lost can be repaired or replaced over time.

Back